• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Better With Lag in FG???

MageofSymphonia

Smash Rookie
I just played a Samus who was still a roll happy SoB, but was different from others as he actually was a semi decent player. And by all means correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems as if she is better in lag, her rolls are harder to punish than most other characters, the lag has goofed up priority as her down air out prioritized Rosalina and her halo at the far end of the hitbox as well as out prioritizing Rosalina's dash attack hitting directly in front of her at neutral.....no character, not even sheik or any other character I've played especially offline have hit Rosalina out of her dash attack in the front, that's not possible. Overall, she seems to be a lot more pain to deal with than Link or even Little Mac players online. I do not consider myself a bad player by any means as I have beaten these types of spammers and have held my own against PR ranked players in my hometown region offline, but this has been something that really makes me curious as this specific Samus player was literally doing things game mechanic wise that just shouldn't be happening.

YoshiYoshi

Smash Apprentice
I agree. There are a number of reasons why Samus is better with lag in FG.

The projectiles are OP when you have poor mobility. Samus, for the most part, only has press R, B, and tilt the control stick in two directions to win neutral, but you have to avoid her obstacle course of death which requires many more inputs, especially with the control stick. This cannot be done gracefully in lag. Even with a reflector, your chances of failure skyrocket against Samus with lag.

You cannot perfect-shield the projectiles correctly in lag. If you fail to perfect-shield one missile and one charge shot, your shield is broken and you are dead. It's harder to jump away from missiles and charge shots in lag, so sometimes you either have to break your shield or eat a shot for 25%.

No Johns, Samus is definitely a high tier character in various forms of online lag. Characters who can kill from across the stage with projectiles usually have an advantage in lag. The more disjointed the character, the better.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
I also agree. You can play a roll happy Spamus in lag but be fine, where as my Jigglypuff can't handle lag very well. They usually win, and eventually I made a joke to my friends that some players probably purposely make their internet laggy so they win. XD

Top Bottom