• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus... any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doeboy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scottzar
Remember back at the E3 Invitational, when Sakurai stated that Samus was currently the best character according to his team's testing?

I know this doesn't seem to be the case anymore, but I was wondering what you all thought about how good she seems. I don't actually have a 3DS and I'm waiting for the Wii U version, so I'm curious about others' thoughts for how she is now. I'm hoping she's just harder to pick up compared to other characters, which won't deter me at all. #samusmain4life

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
An entire section here, most of which feel the same way. This specific topic has actually been made and discussed numerous times.

The general consensus is that while being significantly superior to her Brawl self, Samus still struggles to live up to the "best" she was made out to be, especially since the previous build. Despite this, she actually feels somewhat easier to pick up, albeit harder to master.

I'm personally very optimistic, and feel like she can only get better in the Wii U version/with time and more discoveries.

Further discussion on this, as well as introducing yourself/meeting others, can go in the main Samus thread.

http://smashboards.com/threads/samus.324204/

Consider this the unformal welcome from the lot of us here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom