• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

samus and mewtwo in a team battle??? whats your opinion?

derkapaloozaX

Smash Rookie
hey guys this is my first post.... so lets see how this goes.

tomm me and my friend are going to a smash team tourney. and i was wondering what you thought of samus and mewtwo together as a team???. We both have already come up w/ some strategies but were just curious as to what you guys have to say.. you know pros and cons about the match up.

thanks...

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
well if you guys are both good with them then you should do all right. There really isn't a GOOD team combo it's just whoever you wo are good with and if you can work together well. And strategies tend to never work in a actual fight becuase you don't usually get into those situations or they don't come up to you when they are there. But yeah if you just work together well you will be fine.

Peeze

Smash Master
You should team together characters that compliment each other, Mew2 and Samus don't do that, they both have basically the same strengths nd weaknesses. Team Samus up with falcon, or mario. team Mew2 up with Ganon.

Or just use whoever your comfortable with.

Smash Master
It'll be tough to avoid killing each other because you're both big and you both use many ranged attacks. Ohter than that, I don't see anything wrong with a Samus/ Mewtwo combination, other than the fact that Mewtwo sucks :)

Garath331

Smash Apprentice
You do know that team attack is turned on in tournaments, right? I am guessing you don't know this becuase you registered sometime this week, and many people are suprised to find out that team attack is on. Plus, when people talk about a team strategy, it's usualy something like two Peaches downsmashing together or Falco and Fox shooting through each other.

Other than that, yeah, what has already been said applies. And if this is your first tournament, prepare to get destroyed. It's a fact of life.

Imortal Demigod

Smash Rookie
Yeah, i'm not great, but me and my friend are soon to enter a tourney, we both know were going to get ****ing anihilated, but its great practise against good players, because there isn't many smashers around were I live. But yeah, you will probally hit each other a lot with your ranged.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
On the Contrary Mewtwo can be a very good character. If you don't know how to use him then of course he would suck.

Exactly.

Quoted for Truth.

:)

In my opinion, I see no specific advantages of a Samus/Mewtwo team. However, if those are the two characters you guys wish to play as, then there is no reason not to.

Fiiii

Smash Apprentice
Since both Mewtwo and Samus have charged ranged attacks, they don't compliment each other well. However, you could use Samus as a close range fighter since her melee attacks are stronger and keep Mewtwo back.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Make sure you practice it beforehand, so you know how to avoid missiles and charge balls from the other partner... Otherwise you can accidentally kill your partner a lot. It helps to know how to powershield (especially for the Mewtwo, because Samus spams more), or avoid final destination so one of you can take the top of the platforms while the other takes the bottom. Beware, because the best stages for this team will likely get banned by the opponents (dreamland mostly), and they'd probably counter a small stage like Yoshi's story.

It's still a fun team to try. I've done it in friendlies before w/ my brother.

Kalmetam

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't personally do that. I'd be teamed up with a totally different character with different stats. Samus might get trapped in Mewtwo's shadowball. You can easily kill each other.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
None of your moves compliment each other and that is not a good thing in teams. Unfortunately i'm going to have to reccomend that you pick a different character or a different team mate for any chance of an effective team.

Top Bottom