• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Same Cutscene Over And Over In Sse!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ONtwoTURNTABLEs

Smash Rookie
hi all,
I'm playing a "back-up" copy of ssbb and when i play sse mode i only get the pickachu, blonde girl, samus intro EVERYTIME!!
well kinda... for some reason i got to see ness and lucas' cutscene but after that... pikachu, and samus... over and over..
anyone else have similar problem..?

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
its not messed up. I too have a backup copy. However i have a full copy. I've been researching about backups on Wii, and brawl was something more special since it is still the only DVD-9 wii disc out there, i think. What makes it special is that burning brawl onto a DVD requires some extra work than regular 4.7GB DVD's.

Anyway, your disc isn't screwed up it's probably scrubbed. From what I've heard, SSE animation clips take up over half of the DL DVD (about 4.7gb). So what some people did was take out all the movie clips and replaced it with this ZSS and Pikachu one (because it's a short clip) to reduce the amount of space on the disc. This way the game can be burned onto a regular DVD and not requiring a DL DVD.

You might be thinking that's messed up, but if you think about it, the game is programmed to play an animation at some point, such as in the beginning or the animation after you defeated Tabuu. So an easy solution would be to replace the clips with a short one (yes i repeated what I just said), but the game doesn't know what each clip is, to it, it's just a movie clip.

That should probably clear things up.

ONtwoTURNTABLEs

Smash Rookie
yeah that actually makes a lot of sense.. too bad though cause i really like the story mode and was looking forward to seeing it all... but whatever! still plays good as new..
thanks man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom