• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Salutations everyone!

LayzEE

Smash Rookie
Hello all! My name is Ryan but my internet/gamer name I guess you can call it is LayzEE. I may be new to the forums and the Smash community, but I have been playing the Super Smash Bros. series for about over 10 years now. I come from the Bay Area in Northern California (Fremont, CA specifically) and have been trying to look for tourneys around my area. Unfortunately I haven't been finding a whole lot. Which is a bit of a shame for me because I would like to attend tourneys in hopes of experiencing playing against people who are dedicated to Smash, meeting new people and making friendships. I don't have many friends, and the friends that I do have aren't nerds like me who are willing to geek out, and have a fun time playing games. Whenever I went to anime conventions, it was like being separated from real life inside an atmosphere of being surrounded by nobody except people who had the same interests as you, laughing, and having a great time. It was one of the most incredible feelings ever. I want to experience that feeling again with being in a building, with nothing but Smashers, laughing and having a fun time. Well anyways, I am happy to be on Smashboards and am looking forward to any tourneys I can possibly attend. Thanks :)

LayzEE

Smash Rookie
Howdy! Welcome to the Boards!! Be sure to check out the Tournament section to see if there are any tournaments or smashers in your area.

I do have a question for you, which SSB 4U Newcomer are you most excited about?
I am excited for the villager. I am really curious to see how Nintendo said screw it and took a character who you would least expect to fit in with the Smash Bros. series and put them in anyway. I love the Animal Crossing series to death but I used to think it was stupid for people to even consider that the villager could possibly be a fighter considering he/she's from a freakin' life sim game. But it seems like Sakurai actually pulled it off and I'm excited to see that.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Welcome to SB, LazyEE. Your avatar definitely goes well with your username :p

I share your sentiments on the manner concerning inclusions like the Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, etc. Personally, I'm really enjoying the variety of characters. It's quite refreshing.

Top Bottom