• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Gives Character News [ForeverGeek.com]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akebo

Smash Apprentice
I posted this here because I found it relevant. if this is already here, then I'll delete this.

As found at Joystiq.com, Super Smash Bros. creator, Masahiro Sakurai, has been updating fan-questions frequently at the Japanese Smash Bros website (these updates have not yet trickled into the English language version, predictably).

According to Sakurai, many characters from the previous installment, Super Smash Bros. Melee, will NOT be making a come-back. Rumor has it that Ice-Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch were the first to be given the axe. Sakurai also stated he wants to place less of an emphasis on game characters that are only popular in Japan. Whether or not this means the Fire Emblam characters will be cut is unknown.

In regards to new characters, supposedly there will only be 2 or 3 non-Nintendo guest stars (Solid Snake already being confirmed). The rumormill has stated that Wind Waker-Link will be replacing Young Link, while Ridley (from Metroid) and the irritating Baby Bowser (AKA Bowser Jr, from Super Mario Sunshine) have been added to the list. Haven’t been able to find any hard evidence on that rumor, however.

As far as gameplay is concerned, the controls and moves for each character are being “refined” as a means of making them simpler to control, particularly in aerial combat. The speed of the game will also be slowed down, though we don’t know by how much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This means that there is a possiblity Roy and Marth are getting "the axe".

I am curious as to Windwaker Link's apperance. It was a good game, and it would be better than Young Link. Baby Bowser isn't exactly my favorite character, so I probably will avoid him.

He says the speed will be slowed down in Brawl. That worries me greatly, because the good thing about Melee is the speed. The simplier to control part is going to be cool, probably make it better to combo.

I'll keep posting more things I find about Sakurai.

Stryks

Smash Hero
*Grabs a rope, makes a not, writes in paper "Going to heaven to avoid the old rumor", hangs himself, dies*... (posting from heaven... or hell what ever comes 1st) this rumor is incredibly old and fake, please tell all future newcomers to the thread to NOT post this again...

This post was brought to u by: "Vote for Stryks for best username award!"

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Ok if somthing is like 5 seconds old we already know

look at samurai panda's thread it HAS the translations.....AND USE SEARCH

Rash

Smash Ace
Incredible. Is it just me or are articles pertaining to this topic some of the most recycled pieces of "old news" ever? Seriously, I've seen it at other forums too; people finding the article, not reading the date, and posting it blindly. Yet, at the same time, anyone who has been keeping up with news of Brawl (which is probably the most anticipated Wii title right now) would know that the contents of the false-news were proven inaccurate months ago.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHH!

For the love of shiggy, will you idiots SEARCH before posting any news more than 5 hours old? WILL YOU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom