• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sages enters the fray!

Sages

Smash Cadet
Hey there, SmashBoards!

I'm Sages and I'm looking forward to being a part of the community. I first heard about Smashboards through /r/smashbros subreddit on reddit.com. I've actually played Smash Bros. for quite some time. I received Smash Bros for Nintendo 64, I was 11 at the time, loved it. I got Melee for Christmas year of 2001 along with Luigi's Mansion. Was one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

I remember clocking in so many hours played on that game. I still have my Melee gamecube disc and box, and manual! Of course I played brawl too, and I'm awaiting the release of Smash 4, just as most of you are. I've mainly played Smash casually, until I discovered the competitive community. I'm currently practicing basic tech in Project M to warm up for Smash 4. Tournaments are a stretch for me because of my beginner skill, and lack of time due to work, but I am interested in participating in the future.

Mains:

64 - Mario
Melee - Sheik
Brawl - Fox? (funny thing is my Brawl crashes everytime I load a level, but PM makes the game work perfectly)
PM - Sonic
Smash 4: Most interested in Greninja, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man.

For work I do quality assurance and software testing for mobile platforms such as android phones and tablets. My likes include video games of course, love all of nintendo's IPs (pokemon is a big plus). Valve, Warcraft, Yu-Gi-Oh! tcg. I like anime, and comic books (super heroes).

Thanks for having me!

Edit: in regards to Smash goals. I'm interested in getting my Dolphin emulator to run at 60fps and remove any slowdown or crashes and then using the 20xx pack to train in melee. In project M, i'm practicing basic tech with Sonic who I am interested in maining.

Last edited:

Sages

Smash Cadet
Sounds like PM is the savior for Brawl :laugh:

Enjoy the forums!
Yes, it has become my savior! I've even attempted acquiring another copy of Brawl to no avail. Keeps crashing when I attempt to load certain levels. It's been so long since I played regular Brawl that I don't remember how it feels. PM has definitely sufficed though, I like the more aggressive gameplay.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yes, it has become my savior! I've even attempted acquiring another copy of Brawl to no avail. Keeps crashing when I attempt to load certain levels. It's been so long since I played regular Brawl that I don't remember how it feels. PM has definitely sufficed though, I like the more aggressive gameplay.
I've tried going back to Brawl after playing P:M for a couple of days, and it just doesn't work out for me anymore. So for the time being Smash-wise, I'm only playing P:M, maining Ganondorf.

Sages

Smash Cadet
I've tried going back to Brawl after playing P:M for a couple of days, and it just doesn't work out for me anymore. So for the time being Smash-wise, I'm only playing P:M, maining Ganondorf.
I have a similar opinion, unlike Melee which lasted me years of enjoyment, Brawl felt kind of lacking even with Sonic joining the roster. But maybe if I get a working copy I can attempt to learn it again.

Nice Revy avatar! Loved Black Lagoon.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I have a similar opinion, unlike Melee which lasted me years of enjoyment, Brawl felt kind of lacking even with Sonic joining the roster. But maybe if I get a working copy I can attempt to learn it again.

Nice Revy avatar! Loved Black Lagoon.
Yeah, I'm just fond of a more fast-paced game and combo potential. Doesn't necessarily have to be 0-death to be exciting though.

And thanks! Black Lagoon is awesome. You're good in my book :shades:

Top Bottom