• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S. Florida Smashfest and Halo + more 2/22

Jit

Smash Journeyman
Long time no posts.

But again I (or rather, the class of 07) is hosting "Game Night" at my school.

In this event we have a room full of TVs and games. The biggest of which is Halo, multiplayer obviously and I think the most we've had was 5 XBOXes all hooked up together. Smash is obviously a big one; last time we only had 2 TVs with it, each with like 10 ppl waiting for their turn.

No, unfortunately this is not a tournament, school considers that gambling, and I could only have a tourney if I give out "prizes" instead of money. But it's too late to set that up.

Normally we have the following games:

-HALO- at least 4 boxes hooked up for at least 16 player games all on projectors.
-Smash- although only 2 TVs last time, All other times have
had about 4-5 and there's still a line.
-DDR- A lot of kids like this and normally have 1 station set up on a projector.
-Tekken4/Soul Calibur/Winning Eleven/ and more random stuff/N64- not as popular as the rest but always present.

We've usually had 2 360s and had a Wii last time.

--When?
Thursday, February 22.
5-8 pm.

--Where?
McFatter Technical High School
6500 Nova Dr.
Davie, Fl
(Next to BCC Central, on same block as Nova Elementary/Middle/High, and a block from Nova Southeastern University.)

Tech. 1 Classroom in Industrial building. --First building on the right if coming from Nova Dr. Last on the left if coming from Davie Rd.

All buildings have a Green sign hanging from the ceiling at their entrance, indicating what it is.

--Price
$5 dollars entrance fee, and I'm gonna see if you can get in for $3 if you bring a system.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
I will try my best, but won't guarantee anything. I have class that end at 5:05 pm and then lab at 6 pm, plus that is my only time to eat dinner. If you have food at your event the chances are higher. If I do come I'll be there till 5:50 or 5:45.

Also are we allowed to park in the students parking?

Jit

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it really sucks we cant do it on friday or weekends.. stupid school doesn't pay for security past 5 on friday.

We always have pizza, but like, I'm pretty sure you have to buy it. ($1)
Idk sounds like you're busy honors, and coming for 1 rushed hour might not be too good.

-Yeah you can park on the parking lot right at the entrance, I'll make sure and ask though.
The student parking lot is kinda further, park at the left if you're coming from Nova Dr. Not the right side parking lot (High school students). I think they lock that up.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Actually the last time I went about 1.5 school year, I did park on the left side to cross the street and did enter the student parking lot by walking after crossing the street. Plus I did this last time, just that I paid for the pizza too late (gave it to you or neilson) and left with no food, and stayed for about 20 min. I just hope I could maybe get the pizza at least. The difference is that I have class till 5:05 while the previous time I was there, I didn't. So we'll see.

Jit

Smash Journeyman
Oh ok, well you can park at Publix accross the street, but you can also come in and park on either parking lot.

Noucles did that last time.

Foom

Smash Cadet
I plan on going and i can bring a gamecube with a memory card and a copy of smash.Is this alright so I can get a 2 dollar discount.Also, do you have a list of who will be attending?

Jit

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's fine. You'll get in for 3 bucks.

As far as I know for sure.. only Honors is going... other than that, a bunch of kids from my school, and me.

I'll see if I can get lambchops ("just a piece of meat") to come.

Foom

Smash Cadet
Yeah that would be great if u could bring him and some others. I never played in a tourney b4.The only people I have played were really just my brother.

Foom

Smash Cadet
Yeah that would be great if u could bring him and some others. I never played in a tourney b4.The only people I have played were really just my brother. I really need to battle some1 new.

Sry my comp was messed up and I didnt mean to double post.

Jit

Smash Journeyman
Last time we sold about 75 tickets... but there was only about 15 ppl on smash, since they only had 2 cubes (one was broken) so only 1 TV with smash. I'm taking my cube, + 2 of you two, plus 2 ppl said they are taking. So 4-5 cubes.

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that would be great if u could bring him and some others. I never played in a tourney b4.The only people I have played were really just my brother.
ima try to go w/ foom. i will bring a cube, smash, nd a mem card. about how many ppl are going, etimated?

Just letting you two know that I was able to convince the e-board to let all under age of 18 to come participate in the event, but not the tournament for 5 dollars. This means that you'll be able to have a smashfest with everyone within the event. I sent you the consent form foom, if you can to give it to your crew. Let me know if your coming. I'll be also putting up the consent form for everyone on the AVACS website. Check my thread for the update.

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman
Last time we sold about 75 tickets... but there was only about 15 ppl on smash, since they only had 2 cubes (one was broken) so only 1 TV with smash. I'm taking my cube, + 2 of you two, plus 2 ppl said they are taking. So 4-5 cubes.
nice. its all up to foom and hell. if they go. i can. cuz my **** parents are too lazy to take me n e where! lol.

Just letting you two know that I was able to convince the e-board to let all under age of 18 to come participate in the event, but not the tournament for 5 dollars. This means that you'll be able to have a smashfest with everyone within the event. I sent you the consent form foom, if you can to give it to your crew. Let me know if your coming. I'll be also putting up the consent form for everyone on the AVACS website. Check my thread for the update.
thnx man. ill git my form from foom. i really wana go. lol. "form from foom":laugh:

Jit

Smash Journeyman
Alright, thanks guys for coming, Foom and Skel.. I don't know if Dial was there, didn't hear the name "dial" but thanks to all. We might do it again first week of April, and that'll be it for Game Night under my friend's and my ...management..? Then the event is up for grabs and some other class will get it.

:laugh: good stuff to all.

Foom: Great stuff bro, finally will play lambchops saturday, so I guess it was good that you came cause chances are it was some practice at least.

Skel: Same for you bro, great knowing you're still alive and growin out your hair like me. :grin:
I hope I don't get to fight you early in the tourney :ohwell:

LAters

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman
Alright, thanks guys for coming, Foom and Skel.. I don't know if Dial was there, didn't hear the name "dial" but thanks to all. We might do it again first week of April, and that'll be it for Game Night under my friend's and my ...management..? Then the event is up for grabs and some other class will get it.

:laugh: good stuff to all.

Foom: Great stuff bro, finally will play lambchops saturday, so I guess it was good that you came cause chances are it was some practice at least.

Skel: Same for you bro, great knowing you're still alive and growin out your hair like me. :grin:
I hope I don't get to fight you early in the tourney :ohwell:

LAters
Foom didnt tell me wen he was going or what. so ya i missed it, and ya i was pissed this morning wen i found out. and ya, ima try to go to play lambchops also. but i know ill git pwnd. man im pissed off. i got the waiver and ima c if i can go to the NSU smashfest tomorow. i hope i can. aight im outie.

PEACE!!!

Foom

Smash Cadet
Yo, thx. Ill be at as many tourneys from now on if possible. I'm gonna try to start going to tournaments. Jit, make sure you come tomorrow. Bring some people.lol

Top Bottom