• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu tips?

Gavyn

Smash Rookie
I am decent with him, but I could definitely use tips. A combo that I've found is Dthrow to Uair/Fair/Bair/possibility of Nair, but it really depends on the opponents DI. I can do his basic special combos, but I have trouble doing his red Hadoken. The way I do it is I do his Fspecial combo into his Nspecial combo. It doesn't work reliably, though... I can finally do his powerful Shoryuken reliably, but I feel like I could ultimately do so much better. I dash attack a bit too often, I have a habit of throwing without pummeling, so I do need to work on that. Tips please? Any tips are appreciated :)

Kernelcapi

Smash Rookie
Down throw to bair/fair/uair is really not reliable. You can easily jump out at high percents.If you can do true shoryuken well, then i suggest this low percent combo: d-throw to true shoryuken. its simple to pull off and it covers almost all options. It only works from around 0 to 20% so you are usually going to only get one in per stock. An uncharged focus attack or a collection of u-tilts can lead into a spike at ledge if you're quick enough. if you are having trouble doing the "red" hadouken then just practice the motion on the joystick. hope this helps :4ryu:.

Sincerely,
The Kernel

Top Bottom