• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu tilts questions

Borgimus

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forums here - this is my first post so I apologize if this topic has been covered in detail in another forum. If so y'all can link to it in your responses.

I am new to smash brothers. My first experience playing it was with a N64 emulator and using a keyboard. Since then my friend and I have played pretty frequently on his WiiU and I main Shulk. When Ryu came out I decided I really wanted to learn how to play him, but he is a pretty technical character and I have very low skill. One of his moves that I would really like to utilize is his shieldbreaker tilt move, but I struggle with tilts. Fine movements with the stick are difficult for me to perform when I'm actually in a fight. I tried yesterday to map the tilts to the C-stick, but it appeared to me that only his light press tilts are executed by the C-stick. Am I missing a way to execute a heavy tilt with the C-stick?

Looking forward to your responses!

Borgimus

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
heyo, so typically every character specific forum will have a link that usually says Q&A thread which is where these types of questions would probably go, the ryu board's is at http://smashboards.com/threads/who-is-diego-umejuarez-ryu-q-a-thread.406101/

but since i'm in here i should probably answer your question!
you cannot do any heavy tilt attacks with the cstick set on attack unfortunately. it does take time and practice to get used to the timing needed to press down the attack button. my natural response is to squeeze the controller for heavy tilts which unfortunately isn't that great for my hands. this will be a necessary skill for you to learn with ryu i believe, as his shoryuken really requires you to do the heavy version for the earliest possible KOs.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Hi, welcome to the Ryu boards.

It usually is a good idea to check out the stickied threads before creating a new thread to just ask a question since in them you can (or should be able to) find key and important information, such as a Q&A thread or guides. We have two guides for example and I think that you can benefit from both, specially if you're new to the smash competitive scene.

This guide will help you with smash terminology as well as smash mechanics you need to be familiar with if you're planning to become competitive.

This guide has all the information you could possibly need to learn Ryu.

Both guides answer your question, and even though you have been answered already you should check them both put since they'll help you a lot.

Top Bottom