• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu Tatsumaki VS Projectiles [Smash 4 Wii U]

majinmind

Smash Rookie
NNID
Destilian
So I’ve been messing around with Ryu’s Tatsumaki versus projectiles and all, and I furthered it on to find out how much does it beat out. I made a video off of the ones that I could find out/do and I didn’t include the ones that didn’t. Tell me if there’s something that you could find out that it works and all, like if you find out “this projectile” actually does get beat out.

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txHNUo_HTK8

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
I need to master this technique. This will help a lot with projectiles once I get it down right. Thanks.

WD40

Smash Apprentice
NNID
adamwd
Definitely gotta use this more to avoid projectiles. It's just that tatsu is so unsafe and if the opponent is aware of its use to get through projectiles then it's a great baiting tool against Ryu.

I think if you're gonna try and tatsu through a projectile you're going to want to do the shortest tatsu in order to minimize punishment opportunity. You can do the shortest distance tatsu easily by doing the true input followed by hitting your grab button rather than the attack button.

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
This move is currently criminally underrated in competitive play. Can sometimes be a deciding factor due to Tatsu having ample kill power.

Top Bottom