• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Running shadow sneak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
From what I know, Shadow Sneak is a move that's designed to catch fighters off-guard. However, you do need to follow the location of the shadow, as that determines where Greninja is going to strike.

Now, Shadow Sneak is mostly a surprise attack, since anyone who anticipates the attack can simply shield it, and then punish Greninja right back by grabbing it.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
From what I know, Shadow Sneak is a move that's designed to catch fighters off-guard. However, you do need to follow the location of the shadow, as that determines where Greninja is going to strike.

Now, Shadow Sneak is mostly a surprise attack, since anyone who anticipates the attack can simply shield it, and then punish Greninja right back by grabbing it.
I mean, I seen people do a shadow sneak while running without the animation where he stops.

Spirst

Not to be rude, but this is one of those threads I had in mind when creating the stickied thread at the top. Search "running shadow sneak" and you'll get:

Running Shadow Sneak requires that you start Shadow Sneak on the transition frame from the dash to run animation. You can also start it off a foxtrot for a more lenient timing, but it's more telegraphed if your opponent knows about the trick.
The timing is extremely strict. You have to press side B exactly at the start of your dash, the moment Greninja first touches the ground with his left leg. I still can`t do it consistently even at 1/4 speed.
Next time, please use the Q&A thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom