• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Runescape 2007

Boat Mode

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone playing on the oldschool servers? I quit in 2011 and joined again for this. Seems like its doing pretty well so far.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I played it a lot while my school friends did, eventually they all quit and I still kept playing for a while and realized how stupid the game is especially for someone who's now not really a kid and not playing with real life friends: and I didn't wanna keep playing a game you had to pay monthly for. I think my combat was 95 and my ttlvl was 1400+ or something. So far I haven't met any friends or younger relatives who play that I could give my 5/6 mill to, but I think a few millions are next to nothing now.

This game is or at least use to be a great kids game, I think it being close enough to real life allowed it to teach life lessons and a lot of other things (I only wish they had a spell check in it at the time). Playing the game "reverted" to the old graphics or whatever is fun for a few minutes of nostalgia high. I think any type of RPG is stupid for adults though, sorry WoW players.

The members stuff is still members only right? That's the only places I would want to visit again.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
The 2007scape servers are entirely members, so the answer to your question is yes. I feel that you are a bit biased in calling it a kid's game though. There is no real defining factor or set of factors that makes it a kids game; although it feels kiddish to me, I feel certain that it is because I both picked it up and dropped it at a much younger age. The same might not apply to someone who discovers it as a new game at age 20 or older, especially one who doesn't get any input from his friends who play it when they were young telling him that it's a kid's game. Seems a bit unfair to the game really. What's not unfair is to say it has low quality graphics and pretty mediocre design in general, although that applies to most games the require grinding of both skills and money to succeed. Also, technically both WoW and RS are MMORPGs, with very little emphasis on the RPG aspect and a lot on the MMO aspect. I don't mean to nitpick, but I thought you might benefit to more concisely direct your concerns to the MMO category, since it better appears to fit your claim.

Top Bottom