• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumor: CoroCoro hints at Brawl roster?

Zelda and Peach appears as unlockable characters for now, if you look at the wi-fi with anyone update, the player doesn't have Zelda unlocked and Sakurai speaks about spoilers from others. Peach and Zelda seems to be unlucked during the Petey Pirahna or however its spelled boss battle. So don't go assuming all of the characters we know will be starting characters. He will probably refers them to Locked characters instead of Secrets characters.
Um...I hate to disagree,but...Melee had 14 starters,and in those,Peach and Zelda were included,not to mention,Peach is in the Brawl Boxart,so that may be a hint as to whether she is a starting character,because Sakurai wouldn't make them unlockable if you get them at the beggining of the game,that's kind of stupid when you think about it.and Zelda,if you notice in the videos they released at E for All,Both Princesses are the first ones you see in the begginig of Subspace Emmisary,so I can assume they are starters,just like in Melee,I can also safely assume that Zelda's Final Smash will probably be that she can transform into Sheik.If not,it will probably be the ray of light that she used on Ganon in Ocarina Of Time,or she obtains the Light Arrows from Twilight Princess.:)I can also assume that,judging by the way that Mario activated Kirby's trophy and awakened him,that if an Evil Character awakens a good character,Said character is turned into a dark version of themselves,like Dark Link,Dark Fox,Dark Zelda,etc. judging from the color changes in the Smash Dojo Website.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Um...I hate to disagree,but...Melee had 14 starters,and in those,Peach and Zelda were included,not to mention,Peach is in the Brawl Boxart,so that may be a hint as to whether she is a starting character,because Sakurai wouldn't make them unlockable if you get them at the beggining of the game,that's kind of stupid when you think about it.and Zelda,if you notice in the videos they released at E for All,Both Princesses are the first ones you see in the begginig of Subspace Emmisary,so I can assume they are starters,just like in Melee,I can also safely assume that Zelda's Final Smash will probably be that she can transform into Sheik.If not,it will probably be the ray of light that she used on Ganon in Ocarina Of Time,or she obtains the Light Arrows from Twilight Princess.:)I can also assume that,judging by the way that Mario activated Kirby's trophy and awakened him,that if an Evil Character awakens a good character,Said character is turned into a dark version of themselves,like Dark Link,Dark Fox,Dark Zelda,etc. judging from the color changes in the Smash Dojo Website.
that makes a lot of sence..shiek being Zeldas FS and the dark character thing

bob-bomber

Smash Cadet
who said 29 characters?
1pit
2wario
3zamus
4ike
5charzard
6ivasaur
7squartle
8diddy kong
9metaknight
10snake
11lucas
12sonic
13dedede
14mario
15link
16kirby
17pikachu
18fox
19samus
20zelda
21bowser
22dk
23yoshi
24peach
25ic
25!

drewww3dub

Smash Rookie
aww man

oh well... i think its better this way, so that it keeps us guessing... bt i did read some where that luigi and jigglypuff are back in brawl.... i just wish i rememberd where i read it from... wikipedia maybe? a voice actor let slip of a returning character? i think thats wht I read.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
There's one more card left. I believe it's Sheik, like Youko and Samurai Panda, because they have waited too long.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Either Sheik...or the fact that Sheik is de-confirmed. Basically...it's the BATTLE FOR SHEIK!!!

Since, if it's not Sheik, it's Captain Falcon.

However...they could pull on over on us and actually make Sheik a separate character, which would go around the "Zelda can't transform, she's TP Zelda!" and make her an unlockable.

Wing-Zero

Smash Apprentice
Have you ever thought hat coro coro lied to us about the 30 cards ?
its just the cards are not a convincing idea since i'm sure nintendo would not
share the info with some random magazine so they can leak it early when they
have a dojo that they will have to update after the release of the article anyways.
this is why you should follow the dojo and only the dojo. **sigh**

orintemple

Smash Lord
Dam right. Sakurai owes us an AMAZING update.
We just got a new stage, and a great one(imo) at that. I think that is a pretty **** good update. The updates have started to pick up a bit, I think we are over that horrible rut we had. But I do agree that we will get something great for Christmas.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I've been hearing a lot about Geno being in SSBB recently, though. Anyone else think he'll be put into the game as well? He'll probably be an assist trophy at most though. =/

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
I've been hearing a lot about Geno being in SSBB recently, though. Anyone else think he'll be put into the game as well? He'll probably be an assist trophy at most though. =/
If Nintendo put Geno in the game, then he would be a playable character. Third party characters cost money. They wouldn't waste it on an assist trophy.

larg0

Smash Cadet
We just got a new stage, and a great one(imo) at that. I think that is a pretty **** good update. The updates have started to pick up a bit, I think we are over that horrible rut we had. But I do agree that we will get something great for Christmas.
pick up a bit? personally any new stages announced have lost what little impact they may have had ever since the stage creator was introduced. ZOMFG KIRBY CAN USE OTHER PEOPLES POWERS!!! i'm sitting here literally chanting out loud "come on new challenger...come oooon new challenger"...and i'm sorry, but a ~1.5 min video - half of which we'd already seen in the other SSE video - was a serious let down.

we are as much in the rut as we've always been since dedede...which was TWO MONTHS AGO!

the only way i see this getting better is if every day in january were a new challenger update...one of whom is dante. yep.

Top Bottom