• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy tips

CbM_

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1723-7582-5511
land behind opponents w/ falling upair and try to sweetspot it... u can get insane combos with that

Batzanova McMackin

Smash Rookie
I'm a Roy main atm, wondering if any of you could give me some tips to become a better player.
This string seems to work for me, I believe it can be DI'd out of, but at low percentages, it seems to work as a great damage rack.

So you approach with a SH landing Fair, into Up-Tilted Double Edge Dance, into F Smash. You may be able to extend this with a Jab between the last Hit of the DED and the F Smash, but I haven't tested this yet myself. But as an opener, if you read they aren't just going to shield and see what you do (dash dancing/foxtrotting towards them as a mind game may provoke an action you can punish to start this combo), this is good for about 45%, and puts them in DS immediately. That's a pretty good bit of momentum gained for winning the first exchange in neutral. Just make sure you don't get greedy if you find them off the stage afterwards, and overextended yourself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom