• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy and spacies?

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
I've recently been hearing people say that Roy counters spacies. I figured I'd come to the source material to see if this is true or just a rumor that's been floating around. If he does that's definitely a recent development in his meta!

Azureflames

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0132-7109-3630
i wouldnt say counters particularly, but he doesn't do too bad i dont think. He does well on FD if he gets the grab for upthrow for sure. I know i have tons of issues with good falco's and wolfs cause i suck playing vs projectiles, but Fox i dont have too hard of a time with so long as you can keep up with the speed.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
He doesn't necessarily counter them. Wolf actually can turn Roy into a hacky sack pretty quickly. Falcos are good at locking Roy down, too, if he slips up on spacing. Fox is fairly even, I'd say, perhaps even at a disadvantage against a well-zoned Roy.

But Roy has his advantages. His SHFFL game is 2stronk, uairs being phenomenal tools against them, and popping up space animals with dtilt is satisfying beyond belief. You can really screw up their strings with moves like jab, single hit DED, utilt and ftilt. Simply put, Roy's reach makes it very difficult for a spacey to approach safely. They can camp with blasters all they want but getting in any kill move will be a challenge.

Ghetto Blush

Smash Apprentice
Roy counters spacies in low level - mid level play because the onus is on the spacie not to **** up while Roy just has to land a grab into edge-guard.

Top Bottom