• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legality Rounding or shaving off Analog Gate

microsoftv

Smash Rookie
Is rounding out the gate legal?
Is shaving the analog gate down to get the most precise angles legal?
Is doing anything involving changing size/shape of the analog gate legal?

Just wanted to know the most popular answer(most places hosting melee might say) to these questions, as I've not yet seen anyone ask them before.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
This is the only octagon gate mod that closely resembles the effects of natural wear, but there is also the intention behind the mod, which is to make achieving angles easier. I'm not really a fan because of this, but I am ok with natural wear. But I feel it is a lot better than carving notches into specific points in the gate to achieve specific angles with assistance. At least with the rounded gate, a considerable amount of accuracy with the stick is still needed to achieve the angles.

Last edited:

Bones0

Smash Legend
The Melee community has largely avoided any types of controller mods other than switching sticks and removing springs. Any mods outside of those are effectively ambiguous right now, which means whether or not you can use any of them will be entirely dependent on who the TO is.

Top Bottom