• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction: Jigglypuff V.S. Lucario

Who should be more prioritized to stay JigglyPuff or Lucario

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If only one of the 2 could stay, which one would it be? (DO NOT PICK OUT OF PREFERENCE! THIS IS STILL PREDICTING!)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
WAIT CRAP IS THIS POLL FOR WHO SHOULD STAY OR BE REMOVED?

I think I voted wrong...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd prefer Lucario stay over Jigglypuff, but I suspect unlike with Brawl Jigglypuff will be given priority, especially if Fairy moves are to be incorporated into her moveset.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'd prefer Lucario stay over Jigglypuff, but I suspect unlike with Brawl Jigglypuff will be given priority, especially if Fairy moves are to be incorporated into her moveset.
That's my reason for her staying. :)

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
to keep people on topic

That seems like a legitimate reason that Sakurai would keep her.
I was reffering to the pic I posted.

To explain the pic, it's the fact that Jigglypuff seems to be portrayed as a female Pokémon, as you can see, she is wearing Leaf's hat.

I think she is supposed to be a reference to Leaf's Jigglypuff from the Manga while Pikachu is Red's Pikachu from the Manga, of course Leaf's Firered Leafgreen design did not exist back in N64 and Melee Super Smash Bros, but then again in the manga Leaf or Blue originally wore a black dress, with big white boots and she did not wear a hat until later.

Oh and notice that her Jigglypuff puffs up while floating, much like the one in Super Smash Bros, this also could explain her final smash Puffed Up.

Attachments

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Saying who "should" be is kind of suggesting who do you want.
Who "would" be is probably a better way of saying it.

Preference would be having both of them, but I honestly think Lucario would have a tad bit of higher priority than Jigglypuff would.
But meh, that's just me.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Why? Why must you make me choose!?

Well, I like Jigglypuff from back in the day and I actually used him (her?) in Melee for quite some time, but Lucario has become a main of mine in recent years as well. I guess I'll go with my preferred favorite right now since I have more of an attachment to him.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Did this really warrant a thread?

I'm willing to keep this thread open, but if I see the temperature rising, I'll lock it.

Anyways, to answer the OP's question, I'd prefer to keep Jigglypuff. She's a 3-time veteran.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Did this really warrant a thread?

I'm willing to keep this thread open, but if I see the temperature rising, I'll lock it.

Anyways, to answer the OP's question, I'd prefer to keep Jigglypuff. She's a 3-time veteran.
*Claims temperature is rising and threatens to lock it because it's SaturnGamer* You can lock the thread, it's obvious Lucario is gonna stay

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Jiggs probably still has priority over Lucario, but I'm fairly certain that both will end up making it in.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Jiggs probably still has priority over Lucario, but I'm fairly certain that both will end up making it in.
I doubt it, Lucario is heavily promoted unlike Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff is one of my favorite Pokemon, but being I'm not sure if being a veteran will carry on. Maybe being a Fairy Pokemon will help though. I hope they both make it.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Jiggs >>>>>>>>> Lucario in terms of who would stay. I don't think they would get rid of an original moveset and 3x veteran so easily.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I like Jigglypuff's moveset better.
I like Jigglypuff as a character better.

And she is much more likely to stay too, in my honest opinion. Everyone wants her to leave in every single sequel, and she still comes back. The difference is that after Brawl, she's gained a LOT of respect as a veteran. Probably because she got in over MEWTWO of all Pokemon, lol.

Anyway, hope Jiggs comes back, same for Mewtwo. I wish the same for Lucario... but please... make an interesting moveset for him. O_o

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
has lucario's cool new form change anyone's opinions?
Well ignoring the fact that I think it looks stupid and giving a mega form to pokemon that were already powerful to begin with seems a little unfair (you have to give it to the starter that's a freaking UBER didn't ya? -_-) Mewtwo's mega form is currently more important then Lucario's by a long shot and if they want to add a character solely to promote the hot new mega forms Mewtwo will be the one to do it so Lucario won't be affected.
Onto the actual topic if I was to go with personal preference I'd pick Jigglypuff (Lucario's cool in smash but I'd rather have this fun little puffball over that dog thing. I actually play as Lucario a decent amount but he's just not that interesting and I like him significantly less as a pokemon) and if I were going by realism I still would give the edge to Jigglypuff, yeah Lucario is still somewhat promoted but he's the one of many he's not given promotion in the sense that he's the big thing he's just among big things many of which currently surpass him. And for this reason BOTH of these characters ride their chances on their veteran status. And this is the part that could go either way but Sakurai doesn't like cuts even if he's quite possibly going to deal with them but he certainly would consider the negative impacts of removing a character that was here since the very beginning.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Jiggs >>>>>>>>> Lucario in terms of who would stay. I don't think they would get rid of an original moveset and a veteran so easily.
Lucario fits both of those bills too.

I doubt it, Lucario is heavily promoted unlike Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff is one of my favorite Pokemon, but being I'm not sure if being a veteran will carry on. Maybe being a Fairy Pokemon will help though. I hope they both make it.
Mewtwo will already represent Mega Evolutions though, Jigglypuff would represent Fairy-types, thus representing the two most important new additions that Gen 6 makes. Then take into consideration that Jiggs is a long standing veteran and I see her as having a slight edge over Lucario.

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff, not because she's part fairy type now but it's cause she's a veteran from the first game and there's no point in dropping the character 4 games into the series.

In my opinion, Lucario being capable of becoming a Mega Pokemon or Jigglypuff becoming part fairy type doesn't mean much when it comes to who has more priority over the other tbh.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
In my opinion, Lucario being capable of becoming a Mega Pokemon or Jigglypuff becoming part fairy type doesn't mean much when it comes to who has more priority over the other tbh.
Sakurai generally asks the Pokémon Company about what Pokémon is being advertised currently and such, so of course they'd want to cause as much attention towards X & Y as possible, so it's kind of a no-brainer that they'd suggest Mewtwo, Lucario and Jigglypuff since they know they've already been in the games before.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
*Claims temperature is rising and threatens to lock it because it's SaturnGamer* You can lock the thread, it's obvious Lucario is gonna stay
Do you even read.:p

I said if the temperatures rise, I'll lock the thread. And no, I'm not targeting you; these A vs. B threads often lead to flame wars.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Do you even read.:p

I said if the temperatures rise, I'll lock the thread. And no, I'm not targeting you; these A vs. B threads often lead to flame wars.
Well, good. That means we're cool then. Also I apologize on behalf of everyone on SmashBoards for DD wasting your time and spamming the report button for people being what he thinks is "Off Topic". I honestly feel bad for the Moderators. Also congratulations on becoming a Moderator, did you guyz get picked?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Also I apologize on behalf of everyone on SmashBoards for DD wasting your time and spamming the report button for people being what he thinks is "Off Topic". I honestly feel bad for the Moderators.
lol. Well, it is true that a good chunk of the reports do come from DD.

did you guyz get picked?
Posting intelligently. :cool:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Before Mega Evolutions, I would've laughed at the idea of Lucario staying over Jigglypuff. Now, I can't choose. Dat damn Mega Evolution looks so awesome though... So I'll probably pick Lucario. PROVIDING THEY DITCH THAT DAMN AURA GIMMICK!!!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Being a 3 time veteran is really the only thing that would make her more prioritized. I don't know if it will apply this time.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The answer is Jiggs. Objectively. She has precedence due to her being in every game, though I personally doubt either will be dropped. Pokemon would want to promote both of them because of their new abilities in the upcoming game.

PROVIDING THEY DITCH THAT DAMN AURA GIMMICK!!!
In all likelihood, that will probably be related to his transformation. Also, why don't people like the aura thing? It made you stronger as you took damage - that's a fantastic ability.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
For a certain B move, that'd be cool. But a lot of people including me have a bad time adapting between Lucario at low damage vs Lucario at high damage. I like Lucario's playstyle a lot at higher %s. At lower %s, his options are not so safe, cause his attacks stun far less. It's constantly adapting to the amount of damage you have. I'd rather have it that Down B becomes Reversal, and does far more damage when at high %s, and Lucario would play like say, he's at 70-80% damage.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
In all likelihood, that will probably be related to his transformation. Also, why don't people like the aura thing? It made you stronger as you took damage - that's a fantastic ability.
Again, I HIGHLY doubt Lucario will get his transformation in any way if mewtwo makes it :p

D

Deleted member

I mostly prefer Jigglypuff because Jigglypuff is more interesting to me. I've used Lucario before when I played Pokemon Platinum and White's aftergame and I do like Lucario more as a Pokemon. In terms of Smash Bros. however, I like Jigglypuff more for its moveset; Lucario's moveset hasn't won me over. I don't want either to get cut to be honest.

Well that and Jigglypuff is a fun character to troll your friends with when you win. Hehehe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom