• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosilina And Luma's Grab Game

HonorBasquiat

Smash Rookie
How do you follow up her grabs? Which ones do you use the most? Any solid universal combos?

I find that up throw into up tilt works on virtually all characters at very low percentages which can potentially be followed up with by juggle. Forward throw into delayed fair can work sometimes too or forward throw off the stage into edge guarding.

Does this character have a respectable grab game? Any tricks with Luma perhaps?

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
uthrow into utilt into uair at low%,
uthrow to sour uair into sweetspot uair at med%,

these two are DI dependent, if they smash DI they can move pretty far from the luma hit in uair so you gotta do some guesswork
if they airdodge your uair at the wrong time you can punish w/ dair if you have luma or fair

uthrow to jab spin at low% on fast fallers,
dthrow to fair/bair can be avoided at pretty much any %, but it's good at pressuring your opponent off the stage and if they DI wrong it's ez damage cos fair's disjoint outspaces a lot of aerials.
fthrow to separated luma at low% into utilt, maybe usmash?

if you do a grounded grab release to your opponent near the edge they'll just fall straight down which can lead to dair, as long as they don't do the jump grab release

grounded grab releases dont combo into anything but they put your opponent in a bad spot if you have luma separated, they get stuck in between. dsmash is the most obvious follow up here for me, but there might be something better. dtilt safer.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I've found that uthrow to utilt is either unreliable or much harder without Luma since Rosalina's utilt isn't wide enough. Uair juggles are fine though as long as you position yourself right.

Dthrow to fair isn't a true combo but a lot of people don't seem to know that so it's an easy 16%, 21% if you hit with Luma too.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
I've found that uthrow to utilt is either unreliable or much harder without Luma since Rosalina's utilt isn't wide enough. Uair juggles are fine though as long as you position yourself right.

Dthrow to fair isn't a true combo but a lot of people don't seem to know that so it's an easy 16%, 21% if you hit with Luma too.
aye you're right, without luma utilt is easily avoidable. and youre right about dthrow>fair. also when i said dthrow to fair/bair i meant dthrow/bthrow to fair. you can mix up dthrow with a bthrow if your opponent is just always DIing away in front of you, sometimes works. i think it might be guaranteed on some. bowser, ddd, not sure, but only low %. could be wrong.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Depending on DI, D-Throw -> U-Air with Luma also works, but the timing is a little bit strict on smaller characters.
U-Throw -> U-Smash isn't a true combo but it's good for racking up damage.
B-Throw -> U-Tilt/U-Smash with Luma far behind you at low %
F-Throw -> U-Tilt/U-Smash with Luma far in front at low % (Found this easier to pull off than the one above since Luma always goes forward upon landing a grab)

Top Bottom