• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina's Stages

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Hello, Rosalina players! Welcome to the Rosalina stage discussion where you can discuss on how she fare on stages.
This purpose is to help us figure out Rosalina's best & worst stages; Neutral, even. Also to figure out combos, tech, and what characters to take to on certain stages and what to avoid against them, things like that. I know there's a old stage thread for Rosalina, but this is new because of the new patch and for the R&L players(new ones, veterans, or competitive players) that want a depth discussion to figure out her stages and how does she perform on them.
This is a open discussion so feel free to discuss one or more stages in no order, but please tell us why that stage is good or bad for Rosalina when you're posting on a stage or two. You don't have to put out a tournament post if you're not a competitive player, but at least explain why because it will be good for the Rosalina players out there who may want a depth on her stages.

Score for advantage and disadvantage:
  • +3 = large advantage
  • +2 = moderate advantage
  • +1 = small advantage
  • ±0 = even
  • -1 = small disadvantage
  • -2 = moderate disadvantage
  • -3 = large disadvantage
The reason that the score is there because these are the pros and cons of Rosalina on stages, depending on what characters that she face on certain stages. Plus, the idea came from @Mario & Sonic Guy when he use this for his match up threads. Use it if you want to.
That's pretty much it. The rules are the same so keep the discussion a civil and peaceful environment by respecting people's opinions, don't spam, troll, fighting, or flaming. Otherwise, have fun and help Rosalina climb up higher. Also, if you like a depth post on her performance in a stage or two from me, then feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to help you out as possible. Same with the others who have good experience on certain stages

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I don't feel qualified enough to assign direct advantage/disadvantage numbers, but there are a few things I can mention.

Any stage with moving platforms offers a chance for Rosalina to engage in Luma shenanigans. When she attacks (or even starts charging a smash attack), she'll move with the platform while Luma stays in place. This happens regardless of whether Luma is connected to Rosalina at the time or not.

Battlefield/Miiverse/Dream Land are probably Rosalina's best stages out of the normal starter list. She can control the platforms quite well with Luma and use them to aid her juggle game.

Town & City, Halberd, and Delfino have low ceilings to help with early uair kills.

Final Destination doesn't offer much of anything for her. She doesn't have to worry about projectile spam like most characters, but she has better options in basically every matchup.

I'm not sure how she fares on Lylat. The tilting can mess up her spacing game, but you can also use Luma's natural movement in some circumstances to get around that. And moves like dtilt and Star Bits can get around tilting sometimes anyway. With the ledges fixed, I don't think it's innately bad for her, at least.

Moving on to not-legal-and-probably-never-will-be stages, two things I want to note:

Norfair is both good and bad for Rosalina. She can control the platforms well (surprise surprise) but Luma is defenseless against the lava hazards.

On Gamer, Luma is completely immune to Mom. She won't attack if she sees it, and if it's out in the open when she sees someone else it won't take damage. Rosalina can take advantage of this by using Luma to safely pressure exposed areas when Mom is around.

EDIT: One more thing. If Rosalina falls past the edge a platform while charging Luma Shot, Luma will get caught on the platform and stay there instead of falling with Rosalina. When Rosalina releases the move, Luma will fly forward from its current position on the platform. This also applies to the ledge, so you can even do this on FD.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Does anybody knows how she can play on the larger stages like Palutena Temple and Great Cave Offense? So here is how I think she'd work out for these. Me, personally, I think she'd do better in Palutena Temple duo to her being floaty and great range using her launch star. But there has to be disadvantage, like the Great Cave Offensive where if she accidentally launch star into one of the lava things while at 100% damage, she'd perish.

On Gamer, Luma is completely immune to Mom. She won't attack if she sees it, and if it's out in the open when she sees someone else it won't take damage. Rosalina can take advantage of this by using Luma to safely pressure exposed areas when Mom is around.
That's probably cause Luma already got a mom, hehe. It's just a smash head-canon I have for this little bout.

Top Bottom