• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalinas offstage game

bmaster77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bobatapioca
Hey guys I've been playing Rosalina for a while now but I realize most of my gameplan revolves around upair juggles. For me personally I struggle to kill off the side when I can't kill off the top.

In some matches like Diddy and Wario they can evade the upair situation with their sideBs. In this case, I find it tough to kill them off the side, because if i go offstage and miss, then I'm in a bad spot with them onstage now.

Sometimes you don't want to send out luma against these types of characters offstage.

Please lets all share our knowledge of offstage options!!

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
This video from Dabuz is pretty helpful both for edgeguarding with her and edgeguarding in general
One thing he didn't show is repeatedly jab cancelling the first two hits to make space between her and Luma, so that he'll come back right after, unless another attack is imput. He tends to do this when the opponents is going to hit the ledge.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Hey guys I've been playing Rosalina for a while now but I realize most of my gameplan revolves around upair juggles. For me personally I struggle to kill off the side when I can't kill off the top.

In some matches like Diddy and Wario they can evade the upair situation with their sideBs. In this case, I find it tough to kill them off the side, because if i go offstage and miss, then I'm in a bad spot with them onstage now.

Sometimes you don't want to send out luma against these types of characters offstage.

Please lets all share our knowledge of offstage options!!
Specifically with Wario, expect them to use their bike to get back on stage: RAR with a bair. The aim here is to position Luma to smack Wario in the face. This helps avoid you being hit, but also covers his jump off the bike with Rosalina's hitboxes. Typically if you hit him with Luma off stage in this capacity, he's dead.

Diddy Kong, once you knock him off stage, be prepared to hit him with the halo of your dair. He almost always has to use his up b to recover when sent to far. The halo is enough to disrupt his barrels and avoid you taking any extra damage.

For other characters that are recovering low, running of the stage to an immediate back air can work for stage spikes.

Characters returning high may try to Airdodge, so pretend to attack and bait out the dodge, then punish.

Last edited:
Top Bottom