• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina's height

Status
Not open for further replies.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
What is Rosalina's height compared to others character ? In my humble opinion, she seems really, really big :'(, which I dislike a bit.

In Mario Galaxy, she was a little taller than Luigi :

Now she seems to be about two Luigi. Do we have any size comparison with other characters for SSB4 ? She was skinny in that period... I prefer that design. Do you also feel the same ?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The thing is, Rosalina is actually about as tall as Waluigi, and he's quite tall with his lanky legs.

[collapse=Size Comparison Images]

[/collapse]

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
She does seem to be a bit taller in SSB4 than in Galaxy, possibly for balance reasons.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, Rosalina is actually about as tall as Waluigi, and he's quite tall with his lanky legs.

[/collapse]
As you said, she's supposed to be as tall as Waluigi, but here she seems as tall as Bowser, and no way that Waluigi is as tall as him. Samus is supposed to be a giant woman (6'3"), and she looks small compared to Rosalina.
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that my second most wanted newcomer is in the game, but in my opinion, she changed too much compared to the original Mario Galaxy game. I would have preferred a more skiny and tinier Rosalina.

It's certainly for balancing her, but I really hope that Mewtwo's case won't repeat itself.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If you've seen how tall Ganondorf is in the Zelda titles, including Twilight Princess, he had to made shorter for the Smash Bros. series. Also, if you look at Waluigi's Brawl model, it pretty much gives you an idea on how tall Rosalina really is after you've studied the Mario Kart Wii models enough times.

It's certainly for balancing her, but I really hope that Mewtwo's case won't repeat itself.
Considering that Rosalina does have the Luma by her side, she'll probably succeed where Melee Mewtwo heavily failed at.

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
If you've seen how tall Ganondorf is in the Zelda titles, including Twilight Princess, he had to made shorter for the Smash Bros. series. Also, if you look at Waluigi's Brawl model, it pretty much gives you an idea on how tall Rosalina really is after you've studied the Mario Kart Wii models enough times.

Considering that Rosalina does have the Luma by her side, she'll probably succeed where Melee Mewtwo heavily failed at.
Unless Luma is KOed. Mewtwo all over again :(

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Unless Luma is KOed. Mewtwo all over again :(
The quote below begs to differ though...

Sakurai: Pic of the day. A Luma becomes a star. Lumas are tough, but can also be blown away. Luckily, there's an infinite number of them.

Of course, this topic is about Rosalina's height, so that discussion should be taken elsewhere.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman

It seems like Smash Bros 4 exceeded the height limit of character. When we look at Bowser and Dedede, they seems bigger than the previous title. I hope that Ganondof will be resized too, so Rosalina won't be the biggest.
When you look at a "real" size comparison, Rosalina seems really big for no reason... This is why I'm upset.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Considering that Bowser won't be hunched over like in Melee and Brawl, his model's size apparently isn't as big as in the past. As a result, he'll probably be rivaled by Rosalina and Mewtwo in the height department.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Considering that Bowser won't be hunched over like in Melee and Brawl, his model's size apparently isn't as big as in the past. As a result, he'll probably be rivaled by Rosalina and Mewtwo in the height department.
I thought that Bowser was bigger in SSB4 ? Due to that picture (I may be wrong).

Which means that Rosalina is indeed really tall...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I really don't see a problem with Rosalina being especially tall, it's one of her defining aesthetic traits. It's the entire reason behind her heavyweight classification in Mario Kart, after all, and she's always stood out for that.

I think the reward photo for Luigi is a bit inaccurate too, because she definitely looks a bit taller in-game in Galaxy.

I personally love how tall she looks. She looks elegant and beautiful, but the height gives the impression of power. Power she definitely has.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

[collapse=Size Comparison Images]

[/collapse]
Thats pretty good, you should do one for all of the confirmed characters to see who is the tallest and who is the smallest. impressive to see Rosalina might even tower over Bowser, definitely need to see a side by side comparison there.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
She does seem a bit too tall. Not by much though. Half a head (and she has a big head).

I think if anything Peach is a bit short!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina has always been tall in Mario games! :laugh:
I'm pretty sure they sized her down a bit for Smash!

I think the Cosmic Queen model is a bit taller than actual Rosalina, I think. Mario at least manages to be up to the bottom of her chest, normally, which isn't the case here.

andimidna

Smash Master
I think the Cosmic Queen model is a bit taller than actual Rosalina, I think. Mario at least manages to be up to the bottom of her chest, normally, which isn't the case here.
[collapse=why is it so difficult to find in-game size comparisons?]

I'm not sure. Couldn't find a picture of them next to each other in Galaxy

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The screenshot there from the cutscene before you get to try Rocket Mario seems to match up with the height chart Mario_and_Sonic_Guy posted.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I made an image based on the my first picture (Rosalina and Luigi) and the one mario_and_sonic_guy provided.

If Luigi is 1m72 (5'08''), so Rosalina is 2m01 (6'6'' ? I'm not really sure, this size units are too difficult for me xD). I know that her size is inconsistent,

Some times she is abouit 1.5x Mario (Galaxy), 1x Peach (SMB3D World), 2.5x Mario (cosmic Rosalina)... But in my opinion, Galaxy's reference must be used. Too bad I can't find the same picture with Mario instead of Luigi at the eng of Mario Galaxy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
3D World had to be the most inconsistent with the character sizes. I mean, the game did make Peach and Rosalina shorter than they really are.

Rosalina is supposed to be much taller than most of the generic enemies that exist; this includes the Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Shy Guys, and even the Hammer Bros.. Of course, certain enemies may not be taller than Rosalina, but their width could make up for their low height, such as with the Wigglers.

Edit: An image addition to further explain the point. Rosalina's height might not be perfectly accurate, but she does rival Waluigi's height, as shown in Mario Kart Wii.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In 3D World, she's still the tallest, but she had to scaled down significantly to match the hit boxes of other characters. She's only a tiny bit taller than Peach and Luigi in it.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
3D World had to be the most inconsistent with the character sizes. I mean, the game did make Peach and Rosalina shorter than they really are.

Rosalina is supposed to be much taller than most of the generic enemies that exist; this includes the Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Shy Guys, and even the Hammer Bros.. Of course, certain enemies may not be taller than Rosalina, but their width could make up for their low height, such as with the Wigglers.

Edit: An image addition to further explain the point. Rosalina's height might not be perfectly accurate, but she does rival Waluigi's height, as shown in Mario Kart Wii.

This is interesting... How tall is Mario compared to the generic enemies ?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In 3D World, she's still the tallest, but she had to scaled down significantly to match the hit boxes of other characters. She's only a tiny bit taller than Peach and Luigi in it.
Still, it seems very awkward to see Rosalina be smaller than a mere Koopa Troopa when she's actually much bigger than it.

This is interesting... How tall is Mario compared to the generic enemies ?
That has also been rather inconsistent with each mainstream title, but in the spin-offs, Mario is actually taller than the Koopa Troopas, and is at eye level with the Hammer Bros..

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
For the record, the Direct showed that Rosalina is, if not exactly, than just under being tall enough to be level with the two lower platforms in Battlefield. Assuming that the stage hasn't had it's scale redone, the only characters in Brawl that were that tall (without Super Mushrooms) are Bowser and Ganon (maaaaaybe Ike too, but I would have to check.)

So yeah, Rosa's pretty damn tall, which is pretty cool IMO.

Last edited:

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
As you said, she's supposed to be as tall as Waluigi, but here she seems as tall as Bowser, and no way that Waluigi is as tall as him. Samus is supposed to be a giant woman (6'3"), and she looks small compared to Rosalina.
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that my second most wanted newcomer is in the game, but in my opinion, she changed too much compared to the original Mario Galaxy game. I would have preferred a more skiny and tinier Rosalina.

I'm pleased as can be with her height. Of course I'd prefer that all the women be as tall as they can get, but that's not the point here. I just wanted to point out that, sadly, Samus hasn't been 6'3" since Super. Nintendo seems to be running with her being a pretty standard female height, especially since that mess Other M. In Smash, at least Samus is taller than Peach and Marth, but it makes sense with this in mind for Rosie to be taller.

Last edited:

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
I never liked Rosalina's gigantic height either. It's not that she's just taller, her head is huge compared to Peach's. I was looking forward to taking some nice screenshots with them, but it seems to do that Peach needs to be under the mushroom effect first lol.

I imagine Rosalina being in space has the mystical powers to exhibit variable volume. Therefore, she can grow and shrink as need be.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Being tall kind of gives you that high authority feeling though. Just look at Bowser, and how big he is when compared to his own troops. Not very many of Bowser's minions come close to his size.

As for Rosalina, she's naturally taller than the average Luma.

Amusingly though, Waluigi may rival Rosalina in the height department, but despite his size, he hardly gets any respect.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
So, with Palutena's reveal, how tall do you think she is compared to Rosalina ? Normally, they should be about the same size, but it seemed to me that Palutena was a little shorter.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
In motion, Rosalina looked even bigger in the demo, she's at least as tall as Bowser. I had to double check that she wasn't Shroom'd up! It's almost like-

Oh no.
She's GROWING!

Quick, we need to bring her down before she envelops us all!

:awesome:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Someone will have to upload an image of Rosalina's size comparison to Bowser. Maybe once the pre-recording of the Invitational is available, we'll get to take a picture of the comparison.

On a side note, Bowser's legs are hunched a little, so he appears shorter than if he were to stand up completely straight.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
In motion, Rosalina looked even bigger in the demo, she's at least as tall as Bowser. I had to double check that she wasn't Shroom'd up! It's almost like-

Oh no.
She's GROWING!

Quick, we need to bring her down before she envelops us all!

:awesome:
She seemed very big in the demo ! Not tall, BIG. it was like they scaled Peach * 1.5...

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Has the invitational given us a good look at her and Bowser? If so, who is taller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom