• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina's Custom set messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Haven't been on these forums in a while, but I guess I had to come back to talk about why EVO's rule set ****ed up Rosalina's custom moves. WHY ON EARTH are we not allowed to use Power Luma Shot on any preset? That's really stupid, the move isn't broken or anything, it can actually be a really good move. I lost tourney matches last Saturday because that 1 move I had planned on using on certain players wasn't even available.

Where can I tell the EVO team to fix this? Because it clearly needs to be fixed, not even having it on 1 preset is ridiculous and if they came here to ask you guys what the presets should be, then I'm very dissapointed.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Because after a not-insignificant amount of discussion we came to the conclusion that Power Luma Shot wasn't good enough to be included in the presets, or perhaps more accurately not good enough to be worth fighting over including in the presets. Same difference.

That said, the idea of "not allowed to use <special>" only holds at EVO because they are specifically disallowing on-site set creation and imports due to the sheer scale of the event. At basically any other tournament (barring other nationals if any happen, I guess) you can simply ask the TO nicely and they'll probably let you make your own set on the spot. Just overwrite one of the bottom two sets.

Amazing Ampharos explains in the thread:

2. The movesets are ordered in a general order of usefulness so users won't have to scroll down as much to use the absolute best sets. For Mii Fighters, the game will show sets in reverse order of creation; it is advised to make the Miis starting with Mii Gunner's last set and working backwards. Most importantly, the bottom two sets for every character are "optional" for any touranment that allows free uploading of movesets on the spot. The largest of touranments like EVO are only going to allow the quickly selectable pre-sets and should be sure to fill up all 10 slots for every character, but most other tournaments can and probably should allow users to import their own movesets from their own 3DS consoles and may want to leave those two spots open to expedite that process. Imported sets should not be "signed" to indicate they are not sets installed by the TO.
Bold emphasis added by me.

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Well you guys are wrong and this needs to be fixed. Because our tourneys follow EVO's rule set, and since we can't change them at EVO they're not letting us change them at our tourneys. Also I would want to use that move at EVO, so it needs to be changed anyways.

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
Which ways do you use power luma shot that make it so intrinsic to your play style? I'm curious because I may want to try using it myself but I don't know what uses it really has as well as that there would need to be a significant reason for such a change right now. What sets would you prefer be added over others?

Well you guys are wrong
Why not explain why we are wrong? I have yet to find any reason to use Power LS over Warp or even standard. Sure it sort of turns Luma into a stage hazard like Dense Charge Shot, but it leaves you unable to use Luma for a significant amount of time which is pretty bad.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just to be very clear, Power Luma Shot is actually one of the least effective special moves in Rosalina's arsenal, as it's slow and predictable to counter. Power Luma Shot may be Rosalina's strongest attack when it's fully charged, but that doesn't even matter if you can't hit your adversary with it.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
I explained in the other thread. Power Luma Shot is more effective than floaty star bit for sure lol
Just to be very clear, Power Luma Shot is actually ONE OF THE LEAST effective special moves in Rosalina's arsenal, as it's slow and predictable to counter. Power Luma Shot may be Rosalina's strongest attack when it's fully charged, but that doesn't even matter if you can't hit your adversary with it.
She means it's nearer to the bottom, but not saying it's the worst. And Floaty Star Bit at least doesn't take out your shield/killer/lifeline for 5 seconds. Sure, it doesn't kill at 60% either, but what are you gonna do? Throw them into it? lolno. Maybe explain to us here, by quoting your post, or by just telling us. Since you're the one wanting things to change, youshould be putting work to get your thing in, before we even have a cauase to defend the decision. P.S: calling us wrong is not proof.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
There was no point in writing that "P.S" part, that was just a douchey thing to do, so no more of that.

And here for you lazy kids.

First of all it's not about being a good move, it's about variety, even if a move isn't good we should be able to at least use it in ONE set.

Now why is it good? It's a giant moving hit box that does 22% when fully charged and kills at around 60% with great knock back, you could easily launch Luma and set up a throw into him. I have no clue why nobody else sees the potential in this move, maybe you guys have just decided to not even try out the move since everyone loves Luma Warp. But again all the fast characters can beat Luma warp. Ex: Sheik, Zero Suit

Here are custom sets I use and would want to use at EVO that aren't already a preset.

I'll try to remember the numbers but I believe they are.

3231 (Power Luma Shot, Shooting Star Bit, Launch Star Attack, Gravitational Pull)

3331 (Power Luma Shot, Floaty Star Bit, Launch Star Attack, Gravitational Pull)

3233 ( Power Luma Shot, Shooting Star Bit, Launch Star Attack, Guardian Luma) <- for people without projectiles.

3333 (Power Luma Shot, Floaty Star Bit, Launch Star Attack, Guardian Luma) <- same but floaty star bit for more coverage.

And let me just say, please never again tell me to ask my TO at my locals if I can use my own set. Why would I practice a set that isn't allowed at EVO? That's not a smart thing to do, this is why we need to fix Rosalina's presets.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
And here for you lazy kids.
And you say I'm being douchey. At least I didn't flat-out insult you and everyone who disagrees with me, right?

Your only defense is that it does 22% and kills at 60%, and you can throw them into it. Okay. Now defend this:

-Losing a projectile for 5 seconds
-Slapping a HIT ME sign on your front. If they iresist the temptation, they'll wait out the move due to poor range, and make sure they're far/close enugh not to get thrown into Luma.
-Unlike normal Shot, it can't punish landings due to poor range and speed, unless you set them up.
- Which will be hard, since you lose Luma and are vulnerable if you go in front of him.
+Well, if you do hit it, you kill at 60%
- I don't care about it's kill % if you have to throw them into it. Remember, this isn't Melee fall speed, and power shot doesn't last long enough.

And DBZ luma can kill you at 100% if you space it well and input Fsmash. This kills 40% earlier, but you need an opponent that doesn't use a move safe on shield, nor wait the move out.
+ Stage Hazard. Luma is literally invincible. Shuts down space
- Luma Warp shuts down like 5 character spaces if you don't want to get badly hurt. Power Luma Shot shuts down 1 character space at a time, and if you read their landing, you have no moves to throw them into Luma with since he's too far.

Question: who have you tested this against? Bots would fall for this easily. Humans... Not so much. You can say I'm ignoring that you can rush the enemy down, and then you don't have Luma, and you're completely screwed against quite a few characters, considering most of the top tiers have better rushdown, or speed, or power... or grabs. what a turnaround. Meanwhile Luma is enjoying himself and twirling around like an idiot, his mama is free to actually get pummeled and slammed under a monkey's butt.

Also remember I'm only talking about the move in action. Try to get Luma to places fast is impossible now. In 1 tap, Luma Shot could get you where 2 seconds of charged and almost 5 of waiting will. Now how are you going to space? And extend your range? When your max range is the same as an uncharged Power Shot, and way slower? Simple: You don't. This mvoe ruins Rosa's spacing, and forces her to go offensive, fight for the center. And that's the last thing you want to do.

That's where most people beat Rosa in a match: when she has to stop using Luma to scare the s*** out of you, stop freaking killing like f***Ing Boozer, and most of all, stop stunning having luma, and start fighting without the easy kills, without the free hits taken, without the thinking-twice-about-every-goddamm-choice-they-make while you freely hit the,. The point, where for 13 seconds, the Rosa MU becomes so much less toxic, and where you finally fight on equal terms.

And you'll be doing that each time you want Luma to get somewhere, just for 5 seconds rather than 13. Trust me it isn't fun, it isn't good, and it is in no way in hell worth killing on 60%, no matter how easy it is, which it isn't.

Sorry for the wall of text. Here's an icon to make you feel better:yeahboi:

Okay, maybe the fact that it can shut down ledge options warrants one set where you go offensive or counter-offensive. But 4? Really? That means either Luma Warp or Luma Shot is getting less sets than it, and it's agreed as not only the worst of the 3, but possibly the worst out of all 12. Same how Pocket Plus gets one set, Pocket gets most, and Garden gets a few, one set should go to the bad but not outclassed thing.

Maybe if there was a day where they brought out the set and told everyone to list what they thought, Power Shot would be in. But it's likely too late. I don't know what to say.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Let's not forget that because Power Luma Shot is so slow upon being executed, any fighter who has a reflecting move can easily reflect it right back at Rosalina; this will pretty much 1-hit KO her as a result.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Let's not forget that because Power Luma Shot is so slow upon being executed, any fighter who has a reflecting move can easily reflect it right back at Rosalina; this will pretty much 1-hit KO her as a result.
Oh yeah, I forgot that! In addition, Power Luma speed up on reflection, meaning that it's harder to avoid, and someone like Fox can easily hit Rosa into it.

andimidna

Smash Master
I think the move has potential. Especially at ledge, however, there was a time for this- it's pretty fair. Idk... not being at evo doesn't mean it can't become part of her sets later on, right? Shouldn't be so bad

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
My question is why even bother to ban some customs? Even if they're declared bad and terrible why not just keep them anyway? I don't think a move being bad is necessarily a reason for it to be banned since someone may find some sort of utility for it. I may not understand the rules completely but apparently there are certain sets you can use, but can't you make up your own on the spot? Or is that banned too? Keep in mind I'm not trying to argue here, this is just a question I have.

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Sorry, but your post is too long, there's not THAT many things to say about the move, it's not that complicated, make a short valid argument please, also if you won't read my posts, I won't read yours. It's not about the move being good, it's about having variety. Learn the character more and stop trying to shut down new things. We don't need people doing that.

Helkulkhamen

Smash Cadet
My question is why even bother to ban some customs? Even if they're declared bad and terrible why not just keep them anyway? I don't think a move being bad is necessarily a reason for it to be banned since someone may find some sort of utility for it. I may not understand the rules completely but apparently there are certain sets you can use, but can't you make up your own on the spot? Or is that banned too? Keep in mind I'm not trying to argue here, this is just a question I have.
It's not that the custom is being banned, it's that there are a potential 81 moveset combinations (3 ^ 4, three different custom moves for neutral, side, up, and down special), but the game can only store 10 setups ahead of time (plus the default 1111, which is always available). Inevitably, some combinations are going to be left out. In a perfect world, every custom move would be unlocked on every single Wii U and players would be able to create their movesets on the spot, or be able to bring their own 3DS and upload their preferred moveset. However, that takes time, and for large tournaments it may simply not be reasonable. EVO has already stated that it will not be allowing moveset creation during the actual tournament. Thus, the custom moveset project promoted discussion on each of the character boards to decide what the 10 most important movesets would be, so at least those could be included at EVO. Xaltis is upset because his preferred move got left out, despite the fact that there is near-unanimous agreement on this board that it is a bad move, nevermind the fact that you would have to get rid of luma warp in order to use it.

Sorry, but your post is too long, there's not THAT many things to say about the move, it's not that complicated, make a short valid argument please, also if you won't read my posts, I won't read yours. It's not about the move being good, it's about having variety. Learn the character more and stop trying to shut down new things. We don't need people doing that.
@ Xaltis Xaltis , "TLDR" is not an acceptable counter argument. At this point, you have come to the boards claiming that the movesets for Rosalina are simply "wrong" for not including Luma Power Shot with very little reasoning behind why Luma Power Shot is even a good move (never mind that any set with it would have to give up Luma Warp, which is an amazing move). You say we "need to learn the character more", despite the fact that Dabuz regularly posts here and came to similar conclusions to the rest of the Rosalina mains on this board. You've unnecessarily called the posters here "lazy", and then refused to do even the two minutes of reading to respond to warriorman222's post. I'm going to cross-quote AA's explanation for why Rosalina's sets are the way they are (from here), and I strongly recommend you take the five minutes to read it:

AmazingAmpharos said:
Luma Warp is the special that dominated standard special, not Shooting Star Bit. The Rosalina boards, over more than a month of discussion, pretty much agreed to this. Even in the v1 discussion, no one talked about Power Luma Shot in a way that suggested "I'll use this in tournament"; every post about this move was always a hypothetical "it doesn't seem so bad". Dabuz vouching that it's just awful and should never be used was pretty convincing; in far fewer words than I'm about to use he's expressed that it's bad and shouldn't be picked.

As a Rosalina main, I've personally explored it a fair bit. Here's what I found. The priority and power is nice, but it's still something the opponent can beat unless you fully charge (and your opponent has to be a dummy to let you fully charge and then somehow hit). You lose complete control of Luma for the entire animation, and Luma projects out from Rosalina so slowly when you use this move that the area beyond your normal fsmash range cannot be effectively controlled with it wheras if you don't charge it so much that you won't hit you're generally better off just using fsmash in the first place to control that space (and random fsmashing isn't even good!). Approaching behind a slow moving projectile can be very useful in some match-ups and was a reason I kept suspecting the move had merit for a while, but in practice, I found I was always significantly better off if I desired that gameplay mode to use Floaty Star Bit + Luma Warp instead of Power Luma Shot + Shooting Star Bit since with the former I retain my full range of normal options whereas with the latter I am completely tying up one of my characters which is ridiculously limiting. Using Power Luma Shot made me ridiculously predictable; Luma loses almost all mobility, and that in a lot of ways is taking away half of my moveset. You simply cannot, if you pick this custom, project Luma beyond Rosalina's normal range effectively, and every time you hit the button for this move, you're basically simulating your 12.5 seconds of unhappy "Luma is dead" time with Luma still alive. Nothing Power Luma Shot offers begins to compensate for that kind of loss, and since Floaty Star Bit exists for your "chase a slow projectile" needs (and Floaty Star Bit is completely transcendent and actually does beat literally everything except reflectors), it's really hard to justify Power Luma Shot.

When I was playing opponents who didn't know what was going on, I was able to get some serious mileage out of the move since I could trick them into just running into it. Whenever I fought anyone who was a more competitive opponent, they would make me really regret picking the move every time without exception since they were smart enough not to get hit, they'd abuse that Luma was never going to move anywhere quickly in their spacing decisions, and if I used the move they'd aggressively bully the Rosalina who willingly locked her partner out from doing anything helpful for an extended period. In that sense, it was "useful" to troll weak players, but it was never, in any match-up, a tool that would enable Rosalina to win where she otherwise would lose. That's somewhat different from what you're saying @ ParanoidDrone ParanoidDrone . I was the one who said that, as a Rosalina main, that it helps against players who lose to you already since it's often easy to trick weaker players into getting hit by stuff they shouldn't, not against characters who lose to you. I do not believe it's helpful against any characters.

The progression of sets also has to be understood for Rosalina...

Dabuz has said that he would use the following six sets in tournament: 2311, 2313, 2321, 2323, 2111, 2121.

Of those sets, 2311 and 2313 represent by far the most common opinion of Rosalina mains, and we've also as a group been pretty convinced up-1 vs up-2 is a very subjective preference choice so 2321 and 2323 deserve inclusion even if dabuz doesn't exist (he's just a great, credible source telling us we're right). The two default Star Bits sets are sets he alleges are useful in the Luigi and Olimar match-ups (since both of those have projectiles, no Guardian Luma variants are necessary). To be honest, as a player, I don't see it, but I don't think any of us are in a position to credibly tell the best Rosalina player by far that he is wrong about this. We have six sets that are in regardless.

That leaves us with four to fill. By far the most popular move not in those six necessary sets was Floaty Star Bit, and as a Rosalina main I'm entirely convinced it's the best one remaining (it's not just me either). Giving 2211 and 2221 at least was pretty common sense. From here we have two sets left. Many Rosalinas who are not very experienced with customs want Shooting Star Bit but are not comfortable giving up default Luma Shot. Locally I have had many custom inexperienced players ask for this set, and I'm almost entirely certain that's a common experience. 1311 will be picked at EVO even though, to be real, it's purely sub-optimal. It had to be included.

The last set was always going to be either 3311 or 2331. Honestly someone asked for 2331 in a way that implied he would pick it whereas no one did the same for 3311, and that was the biggest factor. As a player, I do believe 2331 is the better set. Even though the attack on Launch Star Attack is seriously crummy, it does add hitboxes to your up special. There are a huge number of possible gimp set-ups against a recovery that doesn't hit, and I would easily believe that even the poor hitboxes on Launch Star Attack could protect against at least some of them. The recovery distance nerf is pretty harsh, but Rosalina's recovery is still serviceable with Launch Star Attack (to be honest, the distance is pretty excessive with the other specials). She can also use it, in a very niche way, in juggle traps since it lets her cover areas she otherwise can't hit (or can drag people off the top!), even if it has substantial disadvantages. Lastly, as a matter of game theory, it seems like it might have some use in the Peach match-up if she holds a float just above your usmash range; it would let you actually punish her sliding in and out and dairing you. None of it is truly "solid", but there are quite a few reasons that Launch Star Attack might be selected, and the case is a lot more compelling than for Power Luma Shot which has been explored by several of us and written off at the same time.

In order to add Power Luma Shot sets, some of the above has to be removed. I mean, to be honest, I think changing sets at this point would be remarkably poor judgment regardless; the public discussion for this lasted for over a month so everyone had a lot of time to be heard, and TOs have already begun implementing these sets on their hardware so it's a big burden to just start changing sets. I'm sorry if this isn't satisfying to you, but we sought to give Rosalina her best set of overall options and in doing so included the sets that every Rosalina main who participated in the lengthy and public pre-release discussion was wanting to use. As a Rosalina main myself, I would really advise you to check out the 2211 and 2221 sets if you like the slow projectile thing; they'll really up your game while letting you go for the same kind of thing.
Here, I've even tracked down a stream of you playing at a customs-legal tournament (here, set starts at 3:46:00). Perhaps you can explain why things would have gone differently if you had used Luma Power Shot instead?

Last edited:

mph112

Smash Rookie
To be honest I kinda dislike customs more because of this. Why should I have to prove that the move I use is viable over another move, by limiting(and I know there is no way around this) the presets your basically making someone play without customs because their preset isn't available. Plus I agree not having the move available in any preset is just bad, if everyone is all for customs and what not there should be representation of every move option at least once.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Okay, well I guess you don't read my posts if you say I had "little" reasoning for why the move is good. And YET AGAIN IT IS NOT ABOUT THE MOVE BEING GOOD. IT IS ABOUT VARIETY!

As for that match you posted, I'm assuming it was me versus Master Raven. The exact person I planned to use Power Luma Shot against, I would have actually won that match if I had that move, because that move would do well against Sheik where Luma Warp loses to Sheik.

And I really don't know why a non Rosalina main is even in these boards arguing with me.

falln

Smash Ace
2 cents just to vouch for a couple things.

-power luma shot is pretty good. i plan to use warp because its potential is through the roof but many of the applications i use standard luma shot (particularly as an out of dash reaction to edge getups or rolls or spindashes etc) are boosted from power luma shot significantly. there are matchups regardless where i would not want to take warp so i could preserve this option.

-i do not like the implementation of the swf moveset project. there is an unfortunate disconnect between people who frequently post on SWF and players [especially west coast] who attend these tournaments. i dislike the notion that the preset id want to use for EVO is being decided by a comm that is largely not even going to attend.

-all of this being said i'm very anti-customs.

i just strolled onto this board because i finally went to a socal tourney that actually uploaded their matches and wanted to see if it was worth posting but i got sucked into this instead. FLEEEE

Last edited:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Everything aside, this seriously needs to be addressed:
Because our tourneys follow EVO's rule set, and since we can't change them at EVO they're not letting us change them at our tourneys.
Please tell your TOs that this is absolutely nonsensical. Custom sets were specifically designed and ordered so the least useful sets would be at the end of the list, so tournaments NOT on the scale of EVO could have people importing their own personal sets by deleting the last one or two on the list. The only reason EVO doesn't allow importing is because it would severely cut into tournament time which is understandable, but these qualifiers and other tournaments are not supposed to be held with the same standard!
Most importantly, the bottom two sets for every character are "optional" for any touranment that allows free uploading of movesets on the spot. The largest of tournaments like EVO are only going to allow the quickly selectable pre-sets and should be sure to fill up all 10 slots for every character, but most other tournaments can and probably should allow users to import their own movesets from their own 3DS consoles and may want to leave those two spots open to expedite that process.
TOs seriously need to understand that it's VERY important to let the players have it their way when it comes to having customs legal. If you're not national sized, there is literally no reason why the importing of custom sets from 3DS should be banned, aside from the fact that "We're doing the exact same thing EVO is," which is of course a ridiculous notion. Get in the game, dang it.

That aside, I'm not a hundred percent sure what can be done about the Power Luma Shot issue, since I believe the plan was to not update the lineups any further once they've been released, since it is very work-heavy to TOs nationally to constantly have to re-update Wii Us with every little update that comes to the project. If the move wasn't included in the first place, then it means that the discussion on your board never actually concluded that the special needed to be included(I double checked, they didn't), and neither did the collaboration of people in charge of creating the sets(I was part of that and can confirm that to be true). Please take note that your character isn't the only one who had specific Custom Specials excluded from your sets; in fact I would be willing to bet that every single character had at least one excluded from their lineup. It's just not feasible to add every single Custom Special without compromising the competitive integrity of the sets as a whole. Besides, I didn't see you applying the same exact reasoning to advocate for Catch and Release, which I'm pretty sure all Rosalinas agree is a completely useless move... This definitely can't be a variety issue, if you know what I mean.

So that's the reasoning behind why it wasn't included in the first place, but I understand that you now want to know if anything can be done about it at this point. The project does intend to be updated every 6 months, at which point discussion will reopen up... but of course that is a good deal of time. Everything aside, I'll see if I can get into contact with @Amazing Ampharos and see what he'd like to shed on the matter.

Seriously though, make sure you take action regarding the first point I brought up in this post. If it's not EVO, you should have full rights to import your sets to a Wii U. This was a base design philosophy of Amazing Ampharos' project from the start and it would really blow if no heed was paid to it.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Our tourneys follow EVO's rule set, and since we can't change them at EVO they're not letting us change them at our tourneys.
I don't mean to be trolling when I say this, but that is absolutely stupid policy. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that Xaltis.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I hate to say it... but I really wish no customs moves were banned at all, and we could all just enjoy the game for what it is.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Okay, well I guess you don't read my posts if you say I had "little" reasoning for why the move is good. And YET AGAIN IT IS NOT ABOUT THE MOVE BEING GOOD. IT IS ABOUT VARIETY!

As for that match you posted, I'm assuming it was me versus Master Raven. The exact person I planned to use Power Luma Shot against, I would have actually won that match if I had that move, because that move would do well against Sheik where Luma Warp loses to Sheik.

And I really don't know why a non Rosalina main is even in these boards arguing with me.
Icons don't determine mains. I stopped maining Brawler months ago because he didn't fit me. That other person is Little Mac, and while Rosalina may not be in my top 5 characters, I still second her, so I'm not completely uninformed.
Even if it did the, very fact that who someone uses determines if they're allowed to tell you their opinion on the matter, as well as defend a decision made is absurd.

The variety argument isn't good, because we're trying to make competitive sets. After EVO we'll have 2 free spaces for putting in a set manually. Maybe Power Luma Shot should get a set, but since it's not that great, it shouldn't get any more than one, and probably shouldn't get any at all. What if that set isn't used at EVO, and it replaces a set that someone would have used? This is more likely than nobody using the current 10th set, considering how much better Luma Warp is.

This is a big tournament where imports are banned variety comes second over... competition? Goodness? I need a better word for this. Hmm... Efficiency. Yeah. variety comes first over efficiency. Therefore, you needed to prove that the set is good enough to warrant a spot, but it's too late soince it's hours from the deadline. Not that it gives variety anyway. If it's wasting space, there is no variety gained, rather there is some lost. Allowing Power Luma Shot has a much higher chance of being counterproductive to your goal of variety than otherwise.

And that's why it doesn't have a set. You'll have to wait for EVO to end.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Actually, I don't see you stating very much except for why you're flustered about the Power Luma Shot issue. I realize your frustration though, don't get me wrong, but please provide me with some more information on your point. :)

Is this really relevant? We should all have a say on characters whether we main them or not. Since when has this ever been/should be a discrepancy between stating our opinions on a character? Besides, a post like this is asking for argument, so you got what you wanted. That's what a debate is all about.

I very much disagree with customs, so I don't have a huge say here, but I can supply what I have stated above.

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Too much posts at once. Yea I agree it's dumb that we have to use pre sets. We should all just be able to have our own customs, and I guess I understand at nationals it takes time, but w/e we should just deal with it. We should all be able to play how we want. Now people can't really say customs didn't work out (if it comes to that), because th TOs aren't even doing customs the right way.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Too much posts at once.
Many* :troll:
Yea I agree it's dumb that we have to use pre sets. We should all just be able to have our own customs, and I guess I understand at nationals it takes time, but w/e we should just deal with it. We should all be able to play how we want. Now people can't really say customs didn't work out (if it comes to that), because th TOs aren't even doing customs the right way.
I like your thinking here. If custom moves are going to be legal, we should be able to diversify a character as we please (unless we come across a completely broken custom along the way)... I guess I wasn't expecting Power Luma Shot to be that move.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
@ Xaltis Xaltis , I would like to express my apologies about PLS not making it into the final sets for use at EVO... but seriously go and get your TO's head straight and tell him that the guy in charge of the project(aided by his young ward, me :shades:) said it's cool for tournaments not named EVO to allow 3DS imports, and they all REALLY should. Remind him that EVO doesn't allow imports because of time constraints, of which I'm willing to bet your tournament series has none of.

Alternatively just throw this quote in his face, as showcased earlier:
Most importantly, the bottom two sets for every character are "optional" for any touranment that allows free uploading of movesets on the spot. The largest of tournaments like EVO are only going to allow the quickly selectable pre-sets and should be sure to fill up all 10 slots for every character, but most other tournaments can and probably should allow users to import their own movesets from their own 3DS consoles and may want to leave those two spots open to expedite that process.

Last edited:

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Well you guys are wrong and this needs to be fixed. Because our tourneys follow EVO's rule set, and since we can't change them at EVO they're not letting us change them at our tourneys. Also I would want to use that move at EVO, so it needs to be changed anyways.
Well you tried...

Final Customs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom