• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina voice actor?

Gravitational23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gravitational23
After watching more ssb4 gameplay I heard Rosalina voice was old Mario kart 7 sounds so i was wondering is this because the game was still in development or is this going to be the final sounds. I'm hoping we get new ones.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
From the information that's been gathered, Laura Faye Smith is Rosalina's current voice actor. She already voiced Rosalina for Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8.

Gravitational23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gravitational23
From the information that's been gathered, Laura Faye Smith is Rosalina's current voice actor. She already voiced Rosalina for Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8.
I know Laura the current actor but hearing Rosalina it was kerri Kane who isn't bad but I want new voice clips.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The person who voiced her in 3D World also voices her here, but with the echos like Galaxy

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
I really hope that her voice isn't the one from Mario Kart 7. It was too cheery for my liking. Rosalina is mysterious and quiet, so having a calm voice (like in Galaxy, 3D World) would suit her perfectly.

Gravitational23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gravitational23
I really hope that her voice isn't the one from Mario Kart 7. It was too cheery for my liking. Rosalina is mysterious and quiet, so having a calm voice (like in Galaxy, 3D World) would suit her perfectly.
Agree I hope it was just placeholder because her voice in Mario kart 7 wasn't good.Hopefully Laura Faye smith is doing it.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I've heard that Laura will voice her in this game. Maybe they had reused the Kelly clip because Laura didn't already voiced Rosalina.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
It also seems that the voices for each character in the game are much more noticable. Whenever I saw Kirby fight he screamed pretty much everytime he got hit. But this will probably only occur when the characters have passed a certain damage percentage.
And if Rosalina has her voice from MK7, she'll be quite annoying to fight.

Gravitational23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gravitational23
It also seems that the voices for each character in the game are much more noticable. Whenever I saw Kirby fight he screamed pretty much everytime he got hit. But this will probably only occur when the characters have passed a certain damage percentage.
And if Rosalina has her voice from MK7, she'll be quite annoying to fight.
Yeah I saw all the character screamed now which is good. Good thing is I notice was that Mario used his old brawl sound so it must mean some of the character voices aren't completed yet.So maybe they haven't finished Rosalina sounds yet.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Actually, the voice in the demo is Laura Faye Smith. It's much too deep to be that other one. They simply gave Laura the echo in this game, so it sounds a bit different to 3D World and Mario Kart. Her voice clips seem much less excitable than in those games.

Here's direct video and audio of her, without commentary. You can hear her very clearly when she's hit by the hammer.

Gravitational23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gravitational23
Actually, the voice in the demo is Laura Faye Smith. It's much too deep to be that other one. They simply gave Laura the echo in this game, so it sounds a bit different to 3D World and Mario Kart. Her voice clips seem much less excitable than in those games.

Here's direct video and audio of her, without commentary. You can hear her very clearly when she's hit by the hammer.

Oh nice thanks for finding that also greninja voice is hilarious.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
I really hope that is the voice Rosalina is stuck with. Perhaps characters like Peach, Ike, etc weren't in the demo because they needed new voice clips. So maybe the veterans who were featured in the demo will keep their voices from Brawl.
(Excluding Kirby, Fox and Pit who already have new voices.)

D

Deleted member

I really hope that is the voice Rosalina is stuck with. Perhaps characters like Peach, Ike, etc weren't in the demo because they needed new voice clips. So maybe the veterans who were featured in the demo will keep their voices from Brawl.
Anyone but Ike. Never change Ike's voice...
unless his victory quotes are unchanged

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Either that, or the vegetable system hasn't been finished for Peach. The reasoning for the character exclusions from the demo may not always be due to voice acting.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Honestly, I don't think all character omissions from the demo had anything to do with unfinished characters. It probably did in some cases, but you have to remember that it's a demo. They don't want everyone trying all of the characters.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well I'm still weirded out how over cheerful Laura made Rosalina sound in MK8, but it appears that they just gave her rather wierd directions for voice acting. She seems pretty close to the Rosalina I remember from SMG (and to lesser extent MKWii) in this game.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well I'm still weirded out how over cheerful Laura made Rosalina sound in MK8, but it appears that they just gave her rather wierd directions for voice acting. She seems pretty close to the Rosalina I remember from SMG (and to lesser extent MKWii) in this game.
Her being cheery in MK8 makes perfect sense in context.

Who wouldn't be yelling and shouting while driving through a rave while defying gravity?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

That greninja voice tho and is it just me or has zelda's voice changed? she sounds much less irritating to me

EDIT: Also there is now a 99% chance I'm maining greninja

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
To me I think Rosalina's voice in Smash Bros is not bad. It's not too high pitch as she was in Mario Kart 8. And the way she screams when she got koed is not that bad.And to me how Rosalina's voice sounds like is not really a big deal, just don't let her voice be out of her attitude.

C3CC

Smash Lord
So, did she get new voice acting or did they just re-use Kerri Kane's voice clips from past games?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So, did she get new voice acting or did they just re-use Kerri Kane's voice clips from past games?
Most of them are probably new, like some voice that are very exclusive in Smash Bros like when she attacks: "Hya!, Whoo! " And of course when she got KOed and star KOed:" Ahhh!! Oh~~~~" Can you imagine if Rosalina's voice is the same from Mario Kart 8 in Smash Bros? Lara's voice is not bad but a bit similar too Peach, and can not shown how pwerful she is in Smash Bros, Kerri had voice as if Rosalina is a goddess, so this is not a bad choice.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Most of them are probably new, like some voice that are very exclusive in Smash Bros like when she attacks: "Hya!, Whoo! " And of course when she got KOed and star KOed:" Ahhh!! Oh~~~~" Can you imagine if Rosalina's voice is the same from Mario Kart 8 in Smash Bros? Lara's voice is not bad but a bit similar too Peach, and can not shown how pwerful she is in Smash Bros, Kerri had voice as if Rosalina is a goddess, so this is not a bad choice.
Laura would be just fine for Smash, her sounding happy in MK8 is because that game is a family oriented game where she is constantly experiencing high speed thrills. Mercedes Rose was just the same in MKWii, and Kerri is the same in MK7.

And by extension, Kerri Kane sounds happy go lucky in Smash, since most of her clips are ripped from MK7. The more fighty ones are just from when she threw items in MK7.

Kerri Kane has grown on me a bit, since they use her best voice clips in Smash, so I'm always hearing the best of her. However, she's still my least favourite.

Also the echo has nothing to do with the actresses' talent, that's a design decision on the part of the game's sound team. It isn't Laura's fault that she doesn't have an echo in past games.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Laura would be just fine for Smash, her sounding happy in MK8 is because that game is a family oriented game where she is constantly experiencing high speed thrills. Mercedes Rose was just the same in MKWii, and Kerri is the same in MK7.

And by extension, Kerri Kane sounds happy go lucky in Smash, since most of her clips are ripped from MK7. The more fighty ones are just from when she threw items in MK7.

Kerri Kane has grown on me a bit, since they use her best voice clips in Smash, so I'm always hearing the best of her. However, she's still my least favourite.

Also the echo has nothing to do with the actresses' talent, that's a design decision on the part of the game's sound team. It isn't Laura's fault that she doesn't have an echo in past games.
At whole, not matter which voice actor is. Rosalina all sounded gorgious.

Top Bottom