• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina Can Time Out Wario.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
How in the world does Wario deal with that? I usually deal with agro Rosalina but this is annoying as F.
I learn today that the next time I play Rosalina, I am banning Duck Hunt and Castle Seige. However, he counter picked Duck Hunt. Then again, shes annoying no matter what lol. I do, however, felt like I should had gone to Town And City on the third game. Any suggestion against campy Rosalina players?

Last edited:

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I feel like mindgames on Battlefield can be succesful, but I've only ever played one Rosa and honestly got my a** handed to me.

Not entirely sure, but Battlefield seems like it gives Wario more approach options.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What? She has to come to you. You get free Wafts if she just sits there, which is totally good for you. Every Waft will linger because of Luma's existence, too. She should have a really hard time recovering through that if you get her offstage.

I'd ban Battlefield and Halberd, myself. Battlefield gives her too many comfortable places to pressure you and throws off your juggle/edgeguard game. Halberd's tiny ceiling helps Luma too much and the platform makes it much harder to bug her.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Like I said, I have extremely little knowledge on this matchup so you're probably right. I just play better on Battlefield personally.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Remember that one of Wario's best edge guarding comes from a well placed Chomp. On most characters (haven't checked Rosa lately) if you're about one character's unit away from the ledge and bite towards it, it will grab get up attack, normal get up, and the roll onto stage. Just watch for Luma hitting you out once you've gotten a mouthful.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I'd ban Battlefield and Halberd for sure. Halberd is a good Rosalina stage in general because she KOs off the top easily with the U-air rings. Battlefield is her best starter hands down, her huge range and Luma can cover the platforms and ground. If she takes you to Duck Hunt, stay close to the ground yourself. Don't go chasing her on the bush nor tree platforms because then you'll put yourself closer to the top blast zone. Remember you can jump at her and Chomp to bring her back down through the platform.

Way I fight Rosa is using bike ditching and its lingering hitbox. She has to jump so her precious Luma does not take damage.
Question because I can't test atm: I'm pretty sure that the bike can't be affected by Gravity Pull while it's ditched and still moving. Is this correct?

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'd ban Battlefield and Halberd for sure. Halberd is a good Rosalina stage in general because she KOs off the top easily with the U-air rings. Battlefield is her best starter hands down, her huge range and Luma can cover the platforms and ground. If she takes you to Duck Hunt, stay close to the ground yourself. Don't go chasing her on the bush nor tree platforms because then you'll put yourself closer to the top blast zone. Remember you can jump at her and Chomp to bring her back down through the platform.

Way I fight Rosa is using bike ditching and its lingering hitbox. She has to jump so her precious Luma does not take damage.
Question because I can't test atm: I'm pretty sure that the bike can't be affected by Gravity Pull while it's ditched and still moving. Is this correct?
Agreeing with the entirety of this post. Delfino is good for Rosalina but it allows you to camp that much better, too. Battlefield and Halberd are the stages to ban.

Also, yes, a rolling grounded Bike cannot be Down-B'd by Rosalina.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
Alright, I'll keep this in mind the next time I fight him in tournament. thanks you guys :D.

Last edited:
Top Bottom