• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Ropey Rampage" (DK Level idea)

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about this one. One of my favorite parts in Donkey Kong Country is one of the first bonus levels, inside the second level (I think).

In the second level, called "Ropey Rampage", it was raining really hard, with thunder and lightning and wind I think (but not over-exaggerated and win wasn't a factor but you could tell by the way the rain moved), and it looked like it was at night.

Somewhere in the level, you could get sent to a bonus room, and in the room, you had to play one of those games where you have to keep an eye on the prize, which was a balloon 1 up, as it's icon traversed across barrels. Once it stopped, you would pick a barrel to see if it's in it. But that's beside the point.
It was in the treetops. It was just really, really cool, and might make for a good DK level that would be unique with rain and thunder.
The music selection would be, at least, the original piece, along with the DKC2 Bonus Level theme (just fits, seems to be a staple in the series and it's bound to be in Brawl somewhere), and maybe a few others.

Unlike the actual bonus level however, which has no drop offs, There would be two trees at the end, then spaces, and then the tree plain. I.E.

(SAMPLE DIDN'T WORK)

lol yeah bad example but the "^"'s are tree tops, | is the sides of the stages, tree trunks (which wouldn't be part of the stage or something, which means all the tree tops are like fall through floors).

Sounds sorta bland and lame, but besides what we have, along with the ideas of Gangplank Galleon and an old-skool Donkey Kong Arcade level, there's not much to choose from. There is, but it could be as bland as this.
This calls back to DKC though obviously.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bland if: It had solid ground under the trees, and the weather changes, and the wind actually blows.

edit:

I just realized that this would just be a 16-bit ripoff of Pikiman's stage. It even rains there AND has those green platforms........
meh.

Top Bottom