• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Romance Novels

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Son of a b****.

I just found out I'm failing like three classes and two of them I'm failing HARD so do you mind if we postpone this until further notice? My sincere apologies about this but I really have to concentrate on school because as much as I like to spend my time in Summer school, I really can't afford to since I'm planning on doing something this Summer.

And if that's not good enough for you then Eor wins by default. I would have been stomped anyway so... =P

My apologies again.

I claim that it has been postponed enough

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Same.

Also, on topic, I think romance shouldn't be considered a genre. At least, it's not one that's going to be any good.

Romance is more an "aspect" of a good story than the story itself. It drives, divides, conjoins, and otherwise moves the characters within the story's world in interesting ways. But romance for the sake of romance smells a tad bit insipid to me.

I mean I have liked plenty of films and stories that had huge aspects of romance, but it wasn't the central focus in any of those cases -- it was always just something affecting the characters within a greater story.

Maybe that'll put it in perspective. Of course, the magic words of English now divulged, "that's just my opinion".

-I

Top Bottom