• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB's full moveset.

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I thought ROB would have some interesting moves, which those undoubtedly are. I'll have some fun with him.

I'm just concerned that he isn't called "ROBOT!" in the US version, so, so lame.

rubinmarshak

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I thought ROB would have some interesting moves, which those undoubtedly are. I'll have some fun with him.

I'm just concerned that he isn't called "ROBOT!" in the US version, so, so lame.
Don't worry! Unless they call Jiggs "PURIN," he will be "ROB." Or, maybe even "Robotic Operating Buddy!"

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking about maining Wolf, but for now it's R.O.B . for now. What's not to like about him? His color change to dark green sounds pretty sweet, the fact that he's the only non-organic Brawler player (correct me if I'm wrong) and laser vision just help to settle the deal. Wolf is, however, the epitome of awesomeness, but the thing is is that I don't exactly prefer his character much; something seems off about it.
Still, however, laser vision, Gyromite, jet boost, and spinning move probably would result in R.O.B. destroying almost everyone.
By the way, from what I've seen the laser vision has infinite range. Can anyone confirm this?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The "TOP" thing everyone keeps referring to is called a GYRO...

from GYROMITE

Chepe

Smash Lord
B: red laser
Side B: arm spin combo
Up B: rocket propulsion (can be used in seperate spurts)
Down B: gyromite charge

R.O.B. specials are fantastic to me, only Side B is bland. Here are the A moves I am deducing from the videos:

Standard A: swipe, swipe.
Up Tilt: plants feet on ground, flips body over and lets loose a blast of fire from under him
Down Tilt: arms sweep low
Dash Attack: extends body forward to tackle

Side Smash: limited range laser from eyes
Up Smash: both arms raised up together
Down Smash: slower arm spin with more knockback

Up Aerial: somersault with fire coming out under him
Back Aerial: bends his base to the side and lets loose a blast
Down Aerial: lets loose a blast under him, propels him up if it hits someone

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
His up aerial a is him flailing his arms upward. it hits a few times but has no knockback. His aerial a nuetral it the flip kick with thust. I can definitely see this guy becoming Top tier. His one draw back is his aerials. The come out slow and have small range. Well, his flip kick arcs about 270 degrees, it can hit people behind him too, but it has really slow start up and gets beat by many attacks.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace

R.O.B. specials are fantastic to me, only Side B is bland. Here are the A moves I am deducing from the videos:

Up Tilt: plants feet on ground, flips body over and lets loose a blast of fire from under him

Thank you for the information, Chepe. I was curious about the moveset.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
ROB looks alright, but his moves seems so un-inspired. Here are inspirations of his moves:

^Special: Diddy's Rocket Barrels

v Special: Mario Tornado

N Special: Fox's Blaster

FS: Super Spicy Curry

He also seems a tad slow for high tier...

Pitbull

Smash Cadet
Yea but his recovery is amazing from what I've seen and he seems like an average weight character so he could be high tier... and hes not even that slow.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
His Up special is NOT like Diddy's. He can use it a bit at a time, not all at once. He can jump, attack, double-jump, attack again, Up+B, attack, Up+B some more, attack, Up+B some more, attack, etc. without ever having landed. Plus many of his air attacks make him hover up a bit. He can stay in the air for a long, long time doing attacks.

Also, one thing to note is his eye laser is like Wario's fart attack, but without having to wait as long. If you use it again after using it, it won't do anything, you have to not use it for a while. It seems to have 2 levels of charge, but it only takes like 5-10 seconds to get full charge (unlike Wario's 2 minutes). The light on the top of his head is the indicator for how charged it is, but its hard to see it clearly. At least you don't have to stop and do anything to charge it though, its automatic.

Once full charged, its an awesome attack because it does good knockback, has HUGE range, and is piercing so you can hit multiple enemies with one shot. Its great for finishing someone off that's for off the edge of the stage coming back in to recover - one well-aimed shot and BAM, they are dead. Also good for just general use in FFA because people don't expect a sudden laser beam to fire across the entire length of the stage and hit everyone as it pierces - most people tend to focus on one opponent at a time, so its a good surprise attack for the other 2 people not paying attention to you.

His Gyro isn't so great, but does more knockback than you would expect. Its interesting that you can pick it up and throw it again after shooting it - and its hard for others to pick up, because while its spinning there it damages anyone who touches it, so it has extra effect beyond the initial attack from the throw.

His Side+B is pretty mediocre, but you can rapid tap to keep it out longer, it can be tilted left or right, and slows his fall speed.

His air attacks are very poweful but slow. His nuetral air hits all around him and packs SERIOUS punch. His DAir is hard to hit with but is a very powerful spike. His UAIr is a multi-hit move but not very powerful. His BAir is like his DAir but to the side - not a spike, very powerful, causes him some kickback, and is kinda hard to hit with. His Up+B as I mentioned is insane, he can fly up very high or use it in short little bursts and keep in the air for a long time (not infinitely, he will run out of fuel eventually), and can attack between each use.

His FS seemed kinda meh to me, but I didn't get to use it much.

His smash attacks are quite powerful. His grabs are decent damage but not too much knockback, but they look awesome. His spot dodge is hilarious - you have to see it yourself though. His Up Smash is also funny, he flips on his head and kicks his "feet" upwards using jet fuel to add extra punch to the attack.

Overall, he plays as a heavy character - slow moving, strong attacks, hard to kill, but also with a great projectile and awesome recovery and air. Kind of like Samus.

ROB looks alright, but his moves seems so un-inspired. Here are inspirations of his moves:

^Special: Diddy's Rocket Barrels

v Special: Mario Tornado

N Special: Fox's Blaster

FS: Super Spicy Curry

He also seems a tad slow for high tier...
How does the down special seem anything like Mario Tornado?

Zauron

Smash Journeyman

You got the up tilt and up smash swapped. Also his DAir propels him up whether or not he hits anyone. The Up Aerial you have listed is actually his Nuetral Airial - his Up Airial is him rapidly spinning his arms above his head as a weak but multi-hit move.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Oh... well, they were close enough guesses. But I like his moveset, I would never have thought of him moving like that. I used to think R.O.B. couldnt be a fighter because he wasnt limber enough and boy did they prove me wrong... :)

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
One thing I forgot to mention - not only is ROB's laser beam a piercing projectile that can hit multiple enemies in one shot and has apparantly infinite range, but it also reflects at an angle when it hits surfaces, in the way you'd expect a laser to do when hitting a reflective surface. So it can be bounced around in closed spaces and be used for trick shots. Of course its a laser, so it hits everything pretty much instantly when fired even if it bounces.

It can also be aimed at a slight angle up or down when fired, to reflect it against the ground for example.

I'm also not entirely sure it can be reflected by character reflect moves, with its piercing property and all. I suppose it probably can but no one ever tried it when I shot it - it comes out instantly and immediately fires across the entire screen, so its not like there's much warning to try to reflect it anyway.

Overall, easily one of the best projectile attacks in the game.

One downside to ROB to be aware of though - he does not get back his Up+B if hit after using it like other characters. So if you happen to use up all his fuel to get back and someone hits you, you can't use it any more. This also means that someone can wear ROB down with a lot of little attacks off the edge and eventually he won't be able to Up+B any more, unlike most characters that can keep trying their Up+B over and over each time they are hit. Fortunately, he has enough hovering fuel and enough versatility with it that most cases he should make it back anyway.

xmenotux

Smash Rookie
One thing I forgot to mention - not only is ROB's laser beam a piercing projectile that can hit multiple enemies in one shot and has apparantly infinite range, but it also reflects at an angle when it hits surfaces, in the way you'd expect a laser to do when hitting a reflective surface. So it can be bounced around in closed spaces and be used for trick shots. Of course its a laser, so it hits everything pretty much instantly when fired even if it bounces.

It can also be aimed at a slight angle up or down when fired, to reflect it against the ground for example.

I'm also not entirely sure it can be reflected by character reflect moves, with its piercing property and all. I suppose it probably can but no one ever tried it when I shot it - it comes out instantly and immediately fires across the entire screen, so its not like there's much warning to try to reflect it anyway.

Overall, easily one of the best projectile attacks in the game.

One downside to ROB to be aware of though - he does not get back his Up+B if hit after using it like other characters. So if you happen to use up all his fuel to get back and someone hits you, you can't use it any more. This also means that someone can wear ROB down with a lot of little attacks off the edge and eventually he won't be able to Up+B any more, unlike most characters that can keep trying their Up+B over and over each time they are hit. Fortunately, he has enough hovering fuel and enough versatility with it that most cases he should make it back anyway.
yeah, I'd imagine with the length of time that he can hover, he should be able to just hover up and around instead of going straight for the edge. The charge up time for the laser concerns me though. And I hate having to charge a move and then having to press the button again to use it (ROB's gyromite attack - similar to Samus' shot)

I'm very much looking forward to trying out R.O.B. He looks to have great potential and I am considering maining him.

Top Bottom