• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin''s worst matchups and how to deal with them

NACL20XX

Smash Rookie
Robin's my favorite character (other than Melee Marth), but there's times when I have to force myself to switch off of her. In the past 4 tournaments that I attended, I've consistently lost to a Little Mac, a Fox, and a Mario. I know that Robin generally has massive issues with rushdown (like Shiek, but I have yet to play against one in neither friendlies nor bracket), but these three in particular has given my Robin the most trouble. To be fair, the 3 players are always top 8 while top 8 is a rare occasion for me, but I've taken games off of the Little Mac and Fox players when I counterpick with my Shulk or Mario. I've also had even sets with Rosalinas and Yoshis. So what do you guys think are Robin's absolute worst (not necessarily unwinnable) matchups, and how do I work my way around them?

shotgunraptorjesus

Smash Rookie
Before the patch, I'd say Sheik was the worst, but now that you get guaranteed kill combos off dthrow at around like 80%, it's a bit more bearable. I'd say Pikachu is the worst, since he's small so he dodges our arcfires easier and can be a pain to hit on the ground

Clock Tower Prison

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5215-3120-4820
There is a thread for this already. I haven't read it yet so I'm not sure if your trouble characters have been discussed but check there for help. Everyone has put a lot of thought into it.

NACL20XX

Smash Rookie
Before the patch, I'd say Sheik was the worst, but now that you get guaranteed kill combos off dthrow at around like 80%, it's a bit more bearable. I'd say Pikachu is the worst, since he's small so he dodges our arcfires easier and can be a pain to hit on the ground
Yeah, the struggle against Pikachu is pretty real. One of my friends (a Pikachu/Sheik/Little Mac main) has around a 75% win rate against my Robin. I try to fight his aerial aproaches with Elthunder and nair and his ground approaches with d-tilt, but he still beats me, unless he plays poorly. I actually have a more difficult time against his Pikachu than his Sheik.

Top Bottom