• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin's Dash Dance

Mechageo

Smash Ace
Robin is very good at dash dancing in this game. Take a look.

This was with the Circle Pad. I can't wait to use a real controller.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I'm pretty sure all characters can dash-dance like that.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
That's to be determined. Besides, I was responding to your question, not disagreeing with you.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Okay so basically Dash dancing is only important if it forces an opponent to COMMIT to an option by rapidly taking and leaving space, leaving them swinging at an empty hole (allowing you to punish them after).

Because Robin's dash-dance is so short distance, this 'hole' is extremely small to the point of being meaningless. Robin also lacks any threatening option to do out of a dash dance.

Hong

The Strongest
There is also pivot dancing/Brawl dash dancing, the more complex alternative to dash dancing which will become viable when we have GC controllers, since the motions are a bit rough on the circle pad. That said, I'm not sure if Robin is exactly going to excel at this regardless, having the slowest dash speed in the game and stiff sword movements. When I get comfortable with it, I'll do it just to mix things up from time to time, but we'll probably have to develop Robin in other areas to remain competitive.

Top Bottom