• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin's Combos out of Magic

Sol Squid

Smash Cadet
While Robin is a slow character that is hard to combo with, he still has many combos out of his magic attacks. Let's take this thread to discuss some of them. I'll list a few that I know off the top of my head.
Arcthunder -> Grab -> Throw (Down throw works the best usually, but it depends) -> Whatever you decide based on situation.
Arcthunder -> Nosferatu (pretty difficult)
Arcfire -> Air Smash
Arcfire -> Arcfire
Arcfire -> Grab -> Throw -> Follow up depending on throw
Arcfire -> Nosferatu (Not sure about this one actually)

Elwind and all other Thunders don't have much combo potential. The other Thunders could have follow ups if you are in Arcfire range, or very close range though.

Clock Tower Prison

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5215-3120-4820
That does seem to be it. Also depends on range of course but there is potential for combos.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
For the last few days I've actually been grinding Arcthunder into Reverse Aerial Rush Sbair. It's guaranteed from about halfway across your typical stage and is an extremely potent kill option.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
For the last few days I've actually been grinding Arcthunder into Reverse Aerial Rush Sbair. It's guaranteed from about halfway across your typical stage and is an extremely potent kill option.
Compared to Uair? As much as Bair being my favorite move, Uair's star finish potential is so stupid and easier access from Arcthunder that it often causes easy rage quits from my experience(Totally not because I don't have "increased star ko" equip effect - nope).

Last edited:

bou0010

Smash Rookie
NNID
bou0010
3DS FC
2621-2743-4496
Something I like, and want to do more is arcfire --> arcthunder --> Usmash. It's pretty difficult to do but is extremely rewarding as it's a 35% combo

I've also come to really, really like arcthunder --> Levin Dair. It sends them horizontally, forcing them to recover low if it doesn't kill. And it has a lot of kill potential. Near the edge of the stage, it's a guaranteed kill at 100% on mid-weight characters. It can kill earlier than that, i haven't tested kill % yet though

Also, regarding the nosferatu combos, arcfire --> nosferatu does work, though arcthunder --> nosferatu is quite a bit easier to do

Last edited:

Randum

Smash Rookie
Arcfire > Usmash is also a pretty nice way to rack up damage, especially at mid-high %s when you know a smash aerial or fsmash/dsmash won't kill, so you don't have to worry about staling them. It's pretty easy to hit at those awkward angles where you can usually only hit with a fair thanks to being able to usmash out of a dash. Really old video, but Arcfire > Usmash is very prevalent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom