• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin in doubles with MetaKnight?

Dededork 649

Smash Rookie
Not very experienced with the two, but I can assume Arcfire juggles into Meta Knight's Up B?

bou0010

Smash Rookie
NNID
bou0010
3DS FC
2621-2743-4496
Hey so i might be able to help you out here a bit. I've been playing Robin in a Robin/MK team for a few months now.
The main early kill options are MK's uair string --> up b and, of course, Robin's checkmate (dthrow --> uair), so make sure you both can do them reliably

For things that can combo into MK's up b you've got:
  • uthrow
  • arcthunder --> uair
  • arcfire --> uair
We're planning on labbing ways to combo into MK's uair string some time soon, so I'll let you know what we find when we do it.

For things that can combo into Robin's uair (or any other aerial, depending on the situation), there's:
  • Uthrow
  • Dthrow
  • Tornado
Now, a quick note about MK's uthrow. He has a hitbox on his way down during the throw, this hitbox is very, very strong. Make sure you do not get hit by it. It starts to kill Robin at around 80% from the centre of the stage (No DI).
Although, you can use this hitbox to your advantage. There have been many times when we got a kill because he uthrow'd me and we hit someone. Be creative.

Some nice and effective low percent combos you have:
  • M dthrow --> R bair --> M bair
  • R fthrow / bthrow / arcfire / arcthunder --> M tornado --> R uair / fair / bair / arcfire
I'd recommend learning how to combo from MK's tornado, since it's kinda difficult, but very worth it.

Finally, if you're looking for a stylish 2v1 0-death, I put this video up a while ago: https://youtu.be/3o3-ITeWLkY

Top Bottom