• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin Combo?

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
So, I was playing vs. a ZSS, and they were at 130%, and I had a Thoron ready. I did Grab - > Forward Throw -> Thoron, and it killed! Has anyone else heard of this?

EDIT: got it to work at 120% too.

Last edited:

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
It was just the enemy being bad and letting it happen.

Casey Chase

Undine~
3DS FC
1521-4138-1029
So, I was playing vs. a ZSS, and they were at 130%, and I had a Thoron ready. I did Grab - > Forward Throw -> Thoron, and it killed! Has anyone else heard of this?

EDIT: got it to work at 120% too.
It's escapable. I think the opponent has to DI in (and up? I forgot) And yes, this has been seen before. Iirc Nairo did this back in the 3DS days against ZeRo's Fox (and back when he played Robin ;_; )

Last edited:

Janno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Janno123
is it really never a true combo? I feel like vs some fastfaller at certain percentages (both at about 90-100%) thoron will always connect after a fthrow

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Probably, I personally haven't really tested it. Unless someone else plans on doing so, I'll add it to the to-do list.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
is it really never a true combo? I feel like vs some fastfaller at certain percentages (both at about 90-100%) thoron will always connect after a fthrow
I've gotten it to work 100% of the time on ZSS, Sheik, and Fox.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
I believe it works on CF too, I remember doing it against several.

This is an effective mix-up but not very reliable. I would say the enemy will be reminded to DI after getting hit with it once unless they are very stubborn. Your best chance at KOing at mid-high percents with this combo is at the end of the stage.

Last edited:

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
FThrow->Thoron used to be one of our EZBake combos if we ever got a grab, but due to the change on FThrow's KB, it's no longer reliable as it used to be. Agree with the idea of it being a mix-up though; if they're near the ground, they can always just DI downward and towards the stage for possible techs.

Top Bottom