• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin and mind games

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Quite a few players out there have little experience dealing with Robin players that know what they're doing or are confident enough.

If you 1v1 FG a lot, you are bound to run into a opponent with a reflect move. Sometimes, they don't know how to time the reflect of your various projectiles. However, there are plenty that see the big yellow beam flying at them and have little frames to make it bounce back at you(see: Fox, Falco).

What do you guys do against characters with reflection moves while you try to avoid derping yourself? Trust me, a reflected Thoron hurts.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Well you generally want to throw out a projectile when they either don't expect it or can't reflect it. In general try to not use thoron around right after you finish charging it. A lot of time people do not expect you to use thoron when they are really close to you, but if you do any style too often they might catch on. Also use the other thunder spells to mix things up.

Silverfox117

Smash Apprentice
I don't worry about reflectors too much actually when I play. I mix things up naturally so its difficult to think what I do or not excatly, however I do tend to use el thunder more than usual on those characters.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
What do you guys suggest against a reflecting opponent who has given you distance and is waiting for your projectile? I see this happen often, but while Robin's dash attack is effective, his/her running speed gives the opponent enough reaction time.

Besides jumping back when they notice you dashing at them and unleashing the projectile of course. Certain opponents are risky to dash after.

Last edited:

Mechageo

Smash Ace
What do you guys suggest against a reflecting opponent who has given you distance and is waiting for your projectile? I see this happen often, but while Robin's dash attack is effective, his/her running speed gives the opponent enough reaction time.

Besides jumping back when they notice you dashing at them and unleashing the projectile of course. Certain opponents are risky to dash after.
I like to throw an arcfire at their feet, they sit there with the deflector up and when they put it down to move I shoot 'em with the thunder.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771

I'd suggest that you should go offensive and approach them using aerials. Keep up your defenses though and counter accordingly. If you can, I'd say get them off-stage or in the air and bait an air dodge. That's when you release Thoron or whatever projectile you'd like.

Top Bottom