• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rob Stall

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
Found something cool out today. During moments of danger (Final Smashes, Up on stock before
the timer runs out, etc) ROB can stall for a real long time. Simply alternate tapping his Up B to get a burst of jets, then dair. The Dair will "turn off" (as someone else said in a previous thread) the jets, keep him from falling, and when you hit the Up-B again you "turn on" the jets. Doing so can keep you out of harms way for a nice long time, and its especially useful to stall while someone's FS runs out.

ROB is too much fun :)

EDIT: This is the original post i got this idea from. Credit goes halfway to mugwhump :)

So you guys know about ROB's upB right? He gets rockets! And he flies! :bee:

Anyways, the very first time you use the rockets, when they first activate, you get a little rocket spurt that shoots you immediately upwards slightly. If you let go and use your rockets again, your rockets will still be 'on' and you'll just go upwards normally (you won't get the spurt). But if you do an attack/airdodge afterwards, your rockets will turn 'off', so if you use your rockets again you'll get the spurt.

Therefore, the best way to recover is by mixing bairs with brief rocket spurts, which increases rocket juice effeciency by getting the greatest number of spurts. You can get, like...6 spurts at most, I think? It's like jiggs mixing upBs with pound. And you can turn ROB around with each spurt which makes it more manoueverable. :bee:

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
lol I see now why Jigglypuff got nerfed. Because her awesomeness in the air has moved onto other characters XD

As if I thought it wasn't bad enough that I found out Rob could escape my happy pit of doom WITHOUT doing that burst thing lol

Top Bottom