• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB(retro,not star fox version) for Brawl

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I personally would love to see ROB(retro version) as a character. mean, ever since he got in Mario Kart DS hes been gaining popularity,and for his moveset he could use gyroblocks or stuff like lasers and rockets. Besides,he's a well-loved nostalgia character,and we all know much of a fan Sakurai is for golden oldies. Yes, I know,he's semi-minor and all that, but if that they had a huge number number of slots(I'd personally like a too see an in-joke, like 64 0r 128,but I'll save that for Super Brothers eight or something.) he could get in. But unfortunately I hear theres only supposed to be about 40 to 50 slots,so like I said,maybe for a later game.

So,ROB in Brawl: Yay or Nay?

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
I Am Going To Destroy You

Sorry...I mean... Erm, nay from me. Just really, really not a fan ever since Mario Kart DS. Like I said in another thread, I held such high hopes for that last unlockable slot, and then... a peripheral? If that happens again in Smash (If I'm left hoping for something really amazing,) and it's ROB...I'll probably throw my TV through a wall.
I mean, it's not like he's even an established character with a personality or much of a fanbase...he seems completely devoid of motivation. I like motivation.

Rolf JT

Smash Cadet
I Am Going To Destroy You

Sorry...I mean... Erm, nay from me. Just really, really not a fan ever since Mario Kart DS. Like I said in another thread, I held such high hopes for that last unlockable slot, and then... a peripheral? If that happens again in Smash (If I'm left hoping for something really amazing,) and it's ROB...I'll probably throw my TV through a wall.
I mean, it's not like he's even an established character with a personality or much of a fanbase...he seems completely devoid of motivation. I like motivation.
I totally agree. I cant see that robot jumping around and KO others. He could maybe be in the game in a way (said maybe) , but NOT as a playable character.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I totally agree. I cant see that robot jumping around and KO others. He could maybe be in the game in a way (said maybe) , but NOT as a playable character.
Really? For some reason,I vividly can. Oh well,my mind has always been a little warped...

killbeast301

Smash Lord
You, sir (or ma'am, you can't tell on the internet), have no imagination. He still won't and probably shouldn't be a character when there are limited slots available. He might be a cameo. Or a stage, Yeah! A stage! you would fight on top of the robot and it would move around and all and . . . I dunno, I'm out of ideas.

PS. I can see it happening vividly too, but my mind is a bit warped too. Most people wouldn't see it probably. But guess what? The guy who invented bottled water was called crazy too, so there.

Rolf JT

Smash Cadet
Of course I can picture it in my head, but R.O.B. would have a boring moveset and would make very annoying sounds (or at least he does that in Mariokart),maybe a little wierd arguments. Nintendo can maybe make a good R.O.B., but I have no inentions of spredaing joy when he fills a slot (like PrinnyFlute mentioned), if he does, as he probably doesn't.

PS: Rolf is a male name (in Norway at least).

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
personally the only way i see him in brawl is if he's an item or something. like maybe he's in a star-fox-only stage, and one of the planes quickly zooms across the screen, drops him off, and then he fires lasers like from the laser gun in melee. or even a super scope, and then he disappears.

just my personal idea. i just don't see him making it in there as an actual character.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Maybe he can be the thing you fight in training mode.

You know what that would be sweet!(or at least better than the Sandbag) Oh well,PC,item,stage,whatever! As long as hes in the game in some form besides a just a trophy, I'll' be happy.

Top Bottom