• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT, yeah

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
So, the team that I intend to use on Shoddy Battle right now looks like this:

Lucario/Auright @ Salac Berry
Lonely
Steadfast
4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
1. Close Combat
2. Crunch
3. Swords Dance
4. Substitute

Yeah, I took this one from Serebii since it looked good imo. Even though Serebii says you could use Stone Edge if you fear flyers, I prefer to use Subsalac. Most people start with a slow poke or a set-up anyway, so the first Substitute has a high chance of staying alive, giving you a free Swords Dance. The use says itself: Sub, than Swords Dance, wait for Salac to activate and attack. The lowering Def/Sp. Def from Close Combat doesn't matter anymore after all when you have 1 HP due to your Subs. He doesn't counter that much Pokés, but he can burst through some guys quite easily.

Dragonite/Dratz @ Life Orb
Adamant
Inner Focus
1. Dragon Rush
2. Dragon Dance
3. Stone Edge
4. Earthquake

Dragon Dance first to become quick and strong, then use the moves on whatever might do the most damage. Dragon Rush > Outrage obviously, so that was an easy pick for the STAB move. EQ is obvious and I need Stone Edge to counter some Flying stuff.

Porygon-Z/Virna @ Leftovers
Bold
Download
4 HP/ 252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed
1. Ice Beam
2. Nasty Plot
3. Psychic
4. Thunderbolt

Counters a lot of things. Boltbeam still is the most awesome combo and although there aren't many enemies that are weak to Psychic, it does hit well if Boltbeam will not work. Is it better to switch it with Shadow Ball?

Metagross/Braitel @ Leftovers
Lonely
Clear Body
132 HP/ 252 Attack/ 124 Speed
1. Earthquake
2. Explosion
3. Agility
4. Meteor Mash

The love of my life. I have used this set since I got it against me on a Smogon battle. I messed around with the HP/Speed EV's a bit. Most people prefer to use more Speed than HP, however I don't. Agility at the switch in and you'll take a hard hit, but then you are as fast as hell to start messing around with that awesome attack. Explosion is a good 'crap, this Poke is almost dead and the opponent has 70% HP, what to do?' move.

Salamence/Wrunch @ Choice Specs
Modest
Intimidate
1. Draco Meteor
2. Dragon Pulse
3. Flamethrower
4. Hydro Pump

Another Serebii rip which I'm not unsatisfied with except for the 2 Dragon moves. I know that Draco Meteor is for the OHKO and Dragon Pulse for the continuing sweeping, but I prefer only one Dragon move as it fits with the rest of my team. The problem is that I have no idea what is a good Special move in stead of Dragon Pulse. Anyone who can tell me what I should use?

Skarmory/Argle @ Leftovers
Timid
Sturdy
252 HP/ 64 Attack/ 192 Def
1. Drill Peck
2. Roar
3. Roost
4. Stealth Rock

Says itself. Stealth Rock a few times, then Roar and hit anything with Drill Peck that can be hit. Roost when HP is low, works better than Rest imo since you don't lose 2 turns to attack in.

So, please tell me what needs fixing and especially answer the questions that I asked, I really need those answered.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord

Lonely
Steadfast
1. Close Combat
2. Crunch
3. Swords Dance
4. Substitute

Yeah, I took this one from Serebii since it looked good imo. Even though Serebii says you could use Stone Edge if you fear flyers, I prefer to use Subsalac. Most people start with a slow poke or a set-up anyway, so the first Substitute has a high chance of staying alive, giving you a free Swords Dance. The use says itself: Sub, than Swords Dance, wait for Salac to activate and attack. The lowering Def/Sp. Def from Close Combat doesn't matter anymore after all when you have 1 HP due to your Subs. He doesn't counter that much Pokés, but he can burst through some guys quite easily.

Good.

Adamant
Inner Focus
1. Dragon Rush
2. Dragon Dance
3. Stone Edge
4. Earthquake

Dragon Dance first to become quick and strong, then use the moves on whatever might do the most damage. Dragon Rush > Outrage obviously, so that was an easy pick for the STAB move. EQ is obvious and I need Stone Edge to counter some Flying stuff.

I'd use Dragon Claw over Dragon Rush.

Bold
Download
1. Ice Beam
2. Nasty Plot
3. Psychic
4. Thunderbolt

Counters a lot of things. Boltbeam still is the most awesome combo and although there aren't many enemies that are weak to Psychic, it does hit well if Boltbeam will not work. Is it better to switch it with Shadow Ball?

MAKE PSYCHIC BE TRI ATTACK. Porygon-Z needs Tri Attack.

Lonely
Clear Body
1. Earthquake
2. Explosion
3. Agility
4. Meteor Mash

The love of my life. I have used this set since I got it against me on a Smogon battle. I messed around with the HP/Speed EV's a bit. Most people prefer to use more Speed than HP, however I don't. Agility at the switch in and you'll take a hard hit, but then you are as fast as hell to start messing around with that awesome attack. Explosion is a good 'crap, this Poke is almost dead and the opponent has 70% HP, what to do?' move.

Good.

Modest
Intimidate
1. Draco Meteor
2. Dragon Pulse
3. Flamethrower
4. Hydro Pump

Another Serebii rip which I'm not unsatisfied with except for the 2 Dragon moves. I know that Draco Meteor is for the OHKO and Dragon Pulse for the continuing sweeping, but I prefer only one Dragon move as it fits with the rest of my team. The problem is that I have no idea what is a good Special move in stead of Dragon Pulse. Anyone who can tell me what I should use?

Dragon Pulse is good.

Timid
Sturdy
1. Drill Peck
2. Roar
3. Roost
4. Stealth Rock

Says itself. Stealth Rock a few times, then Roar and hit anything with Drill Peck that can be hit. Roost when HP is low, works better than Rest imo since you don't lose 2 turns to attack in.

Use Whirlwind over Roar.

So, please tell me what needs fixing and especially answer the questions that I asked, I really need those answered.
DDing Tyranitar could do a number to your team.

8/10

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

frenchfri

Smash Apprentice

Lonely
Steadfast
1. Close Combat
2. Crunch
3. Swords Dance
4. Substitute

Might as well go with reversal over CC, since you'll be subbing to low HP. Adamant or Jolly would be better natures.

Adamant
Inner Focus
1. Dragon Rush
2. Dragon Dance
3. Stone Edge
4. Earthquake

I'd use Outrage or Dragon Claw over Dragon Rush, since 75 accuracy just isn't good enough IMO. Good otherwise.

Bold
Download
1. Ice Beam
2. Nasty Plot
3. Psychic
4. Thunderbolt

Use Modest nature, don't even try to save its defenses with a Bold nature, since he's meant to just sweep.Tri Attack with Adaptability or Dark Pulse would both be better choices over Psychic.

Lonely
Clear Body
1. Earthquake
2. Explosion
3. Agility
4. Meteor Mash

Adamant nature, otherwise it's okay.

Modest
Intimidate
1. Draco Meteor
2. Dragon Pulse
3. Flamethrower
4. Hydro Pump

I'd recommend keeping both dragon moves, you'll be most likely using them way more than anything else. He doesn't even get any other special moves worth using.

Timid
Sturdy
1. Drill Peck
2. Roar
3. Roost
4. Stealth Rock

Whirlwind is just a better version of Roar, so use that instead. Impish nature, Skarm needs all of the defense he can get, and speed really isn't important on him.

Hope that helps

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Reversal is a very good idea yes, I didn't even think about that.
Good that you both told me that Dragon Rush has 75 accuracy, didn't notice that either. Dragon Claw it is then.
Just wondering, what is so special about Tri Attack?
Not putting Adamant on Metagross was my mistake, I do use him with Adamant but I probally just forgot for a moment.
And why is Whirlwind better than Roar?

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
Reversal is a very good idea yes, I didn't even think about that.
Good that you both told me that Dragon Rush has 75 accuracy, didn't notice that either. Dragon Claw it is then.
Just wondering, what is so special about Tri Attack?
Not putting Adamant on Metagross was my mistake, I do use him with Adamant but I probally just forgot for a moment.
And why is Whirlwind better than Roar?
Whirlwind is better than roar because roar is a sound move. whirlwind isnt.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Tri Attack gets STAB and goes off Porygon-Z's massive Special Attack. If Porygon-Z's ability is Adaptability, Tri Attack will be even stronger.

Roar doesn't effect Pokemon with the ability Soundproof. Whirlwind does.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
i really like your team.........here are my 2 only issues.........tri-attack may get stab and be quite useful, except for the fact that it's not super effective against anything...............and, i don't think you should use 2 dragon pokemon, due to the x4 ice weakness

while you use dragon dance on dragonite, someone could use ice beam, and ohko it

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
i really like your team.........here are my 2 only issues.........tri-attack may get stab and be quite useful, except for the fact that it's not super effective against anything...............and, i don't think you should use 2 dragon pokemon, due to the x4 ice weakness

while you use dragon dance on dragonite, someone could use ice beam, and ohko it
If his Porygon-Z had HP Fighting, it'd make up for it. Tri Attack will do a number to anything that's not Blissey, Rock or Steel typed. HP Fighting kills them.

Why would his Dragonite stay in on an Ice Beamer?

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Top Bottom