• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT: Weatherless Team

UFO Kirby

Smash Rookie
I'm new to this..(Kinda) And thank you for taking your time on reading this article. I'll get straight to the point now.
This following team is an OU team mostly based around Volcarona. (Love this Poke) I mean like seriously Quiver Dance is so good.

The Team:

Rika (Forretress) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin

I personally never used Forrey. I was originally planning to use Donphan, but unfortunately Donphan does not learn Spikes and I don't really want that extra water weakness since there are many Rain teams out there. So Forrey came in place. Its main goal is to set up the entry hazards and rapid spin away any entry hazards especially Stealth Rock because Stealth Rock dislikes Volcarona.

Mokou (Volcarona) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Volcarona!! My bro! Volcarona is such an amazing Poke. High Sp.A and Spe and it knows Quiver Dance? Too good. I tell you. I'm using Flamethrower instead of Fire Blast because, I miss alot. I may try out Fiery Dance, but for now Flamethrower. Bug Buzz is pretty obvious because of STAB and to hit Dark types. Substitute is here because Volcarona can be amazing with it if it has a Sub up (Got the idea while reading the Volcarona article on Smogon), so it can Quiver Dance safely (At least). And Quiver Dance is self explanatory. Only thing I don't like about Volcarona is that it can be REALLY fragile, especially with Stealth rock around. But overall, still an amazing Poke.

Maria (Jellicent) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Scald

At first, I wasn't sure if I should run Golurk over Jellicent. Cause the only reason Jellicent is here because it's a Rapid Spin blocker and as one of my Defensive cores. Ice Beam is to hit Dragon types mainly. Will-o is to burn any dangerous Physicals that poses a threat to my team (Especially Terrakion). Shadow Ball is here because of STAB and to hit Psychic and Ghost types. Scald is pretty much the same. STAB and to hit Rock,Ground types and hopefully to burn them. So literally Jellicent is my Terrakion counter kind of thing.

Yozora (Reuniclus) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Recover

Reuniclus, this Poke is ridiculous, it's crazy bulky with Magic Guard and hardly anything can kill it, I won quite a few games because of this Poke. CM is really self explanatory. Focus Blast is a filler move, so I can hit Dark types. I'm running Psyshock over Psychic because Blissey is a thing, and I can at least cripple or beat any Special walls. Recover is pretty obvious. So overall Reuniclus is another one of my Defensive cores that can be offensive.

Kobato (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 Def / 252 HP / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Protect
- Toxic
Glisor is my last defensive core Poke. Toxic stall is amazing (according to my friend) so I decided to put her in this team. and to my surprise, is actually pretty good. Protect to activate Toxic orb and to scout and to heal with Poison heal. Ice Fang to hit any Dragon types or Grass. EQ is there cause of Ground STAB. and Toxic as my last move.

Sena (Dragonite) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SDef
Calm Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost

Last member of this team. My main physical attacker. Multiscale is sooooo goood. With Multiscale, I can set up with Dragonite and start sweeping with Dragonite is at +2-3 with Dragon Dance. Roost is here to get Multiscale active again and DD more. Dragon Claw as a STAB and EQ to hit any steel types. Dragonite is another important member in my team, I won most of my battles because of Dragonite.

So this is basically my first team, that I'm posting here. I have battled quite a few times now with this team. I may also need some advice on the items, cause if you see 5/6 of my Poke is holding Leftovers. Not saying it's a bad thing. But from time to time I feel kind of "newbish". Granted this RMT will look "newbish" as well, since there's no fancy images. Back to the team. This is currently a team, I'm trying to make it as competitive as I can before X/Y comes out.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Good that means I can give proper advice.

1) To start things off your Forretress is currently nothing but setup/Magnezone bait. Replace Stealth Rocks with Volt Switch to keep momentum and prolong Forry's longevity.

2) Substitute on Volcarona is bad and does nothing to stop the superior offensive set's counters (Heatran, D-Nite, etc) while limiting your sweeping potential. Move those HP EVs into Sp Atk, swap Substitute for Giga Drain, and change leftovers to Life Orb. Volcarona was made to sweep teams, not tank hits (that's what the rest of the team is for). If you're concerned about accuracy Fiery Dance is the superior option to Flamethrower. Otherwise go for Fire Blast.

3) Jellicent on a Sun team is a bit different but on paper I guess it could work as your surefire Rain counter/spinblocker. However your team needs a revenge killer/cleaner more so swap Jellicent for Venasaur. With Ninetales + D-nite + Venusaur + Giga Drain on Volcarona you shouldn't have too many issues against rain. W/e set you go with make sure your Venasaur has Earthquake to muscle past Heatran and pave the way for a Volc sweep.

4) You're centering your team around Volcarona, which means Drought support from Ninetales is almost a necessity. Without Ninetales you're putting your Volcarona at risk of frequently being severely hampered by opposing Rain teams. Reuniclus does nothing for this team, swap it with standard defensive Ninetales (with Sunny Day) for your Drought support.

5) Gliscor is bad. Swap it with standard pivot Landorus-T (with Stealth Rocks and U-Turn). Same typing, better utility. U-Turn will make a cute VoltTurn core with Forry.

6) Your team is in desperate need of a wall breaker. You already have a dedicated sweeper in Volcarona. Change this D-Nite to the standard Choice Band set with Extreme Speed.

With the above changes your team should be performing much better overall.

UFO Kirby

Smash Rookie
I have made the changes to the suggestions. I appreciate it, I tested the team. and it honestly feels like I'm just playing straight up Sun team (Which I'm really bad at using) I really don't feel like works for me and the team is a team that doesn't need to worry about the weathers.
But on that note, the Forrey and Volcarona changes are actually pretty good.
I do agree with the Gliscor thing. I may actually use a Choice-B Scizor to replace it mainly as a revenge killer.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
you might want to give scizor pursuit in case you encounter politoad with ninetales on your team as they may try switching out to keep the rain in effect

Schoo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4811-7465-8082
I always knew Rika was a Foretress at heart. And that Mokou was a bug.

Top Bottom