• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT - Sunny Day OU

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Well, this is my first attempt at creating an updated team (I haven't played competitive Pokémon since GS (not even C) and a lot has changed since), I used a Sun Guide on Smogon, but wasn't very sure how it would go.
I tested it a little but, as expected, I lost every run.
Maybe it was the predictable Wish Passer Vaporeon, maybe the fact I still can't use Landorus as I wanted to (bited the bait and sent it when they sent a Flying, or save it 'till the very end otherwise).
Also I seem to have a Bulky Fighting weakness...
But well, any critique is welcome.

Also I hope I followed the How to post RMT's well...

Dawn (Ninetales) (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- SolarBeam
- Sunny Day
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Because it's impossible to have a Sun team and not use the avaliable Drought user.
Also Ninetails is one of my favourite G1 Pokémons so why not?

Lana (Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 126 Spd
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Scald
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

This was the one I was very dubious about, while it's great to have Life boosts, they really don't last much, other than Vaporeon and Donphan (and Venusaur, which recovers life by itself) this team is not exactly bulky, almost everyone dies within one or two hits...
Maybe an Espeon could be more useful with the Magic Bounce (and a Psychic to fight Fightings), but that's mainly why I am here

Don (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard

As I read, Sunny Day Teams are particulary weak to Spikes, Stealth Rock and other entry Hazards.
Even if they weren't, I have always hated them, so Rapid Spin is a need for me. Also I love Donphan.

Clover (Venusaur) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 180 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sunny Day

What's the function of Sun? Increase the power of Fire? Decrease the power of water?
Nah, make Chlorophyll users really good.
Wasn't sure if use Solar Beam or Giga Drain. I decided the latter because 1, it serves as a life gain; and 2, doesn't suffer the Charge turn in case Sun is not in use for whatever reason.
Also, anyone care to explain why are the EVs so specific? is the only Combo which would give me Hidden Power Fire?

Secret (Hydreigon) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse

Secret is the pivot of the team, her raw power gets the job done where everyone else are pretty much only support for her. Almost every kill would be either hers or Clover's.
So far that has worked nicely except when her attacks fail, which happens a lot to me... but there Landorus comes to play.

Surprise (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Gravity
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
This is my unexpected triumph card and an attempt at countering a Sandstorm, it is supposed to come at the very end of the match to set up Gravity and allow Hydreigon's low-accuracy attacks to hit almost flawlessly. When it works it works, when it doesn't (I try to use Landorus early and it gets killed) I really hate my luck and the 80% hitrate.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You really don't need to put them in spoiler tags.

Hydreigon is likely a poor choice, he's arguably the third worst Dragon in OU to Haxorus and Kyurem.

Latios overall has better typing, better stats, at the one drawback of needing to use HP Fire > Fire Blast. It also gives you that Fighting resist rather than a Fighting weakness that you've already said that your team would appreciate. I'd suggest trying:

Latios@Choice Specs
Timid / Levitate
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Draco Meteor
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Fire
Psyshock / Trick

Don't bother running Sunny Day on Venusaur. You should make sets with the intention for when you play well, not poorly. Sleep Powder or even Sludge Bomb would be much better options for Venusaur in that slot.

Top Bottom