• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT Sunny Day (for doubles only)

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
As the topic says i will only use this team in doubles....i would post the EV's in the pokes but i don't know them at the moment

Tangrowth, Naughty @ Heat Rock
Solarbeam
EQ
Brick Break
Sunny Day

Leads team with sunny day to start off the team, already low sp. defense so i guess naughty can't hurt it that much. Sort of a mixed sweeper with solarbeam. Good defense so can take quiet a few hits. Replaced with dragonite because of his fewer weaknesses.

Switched from original team with:

Dragonite, Adamant @ Lum Berry
Tpunch
DD
Outrage
Fire Punch

Has Fire Punch to gain power from Sunny Day. Also gets Outrage and DD to sweep. Lum berry to get rid of confusion or any other problems it might have. It will step down an a lead when i don't use tangrowth because it has no sunny day. Magmortar would lead instead. Also has more type coverage with Tpunch

Gorebyss, Calm @ Brightpowder
Agility
Ice Beam
Baton Pass
Surf

Other lead to boost its speed and pass it on to another sweeper on my team. If not it can also take out a few overused pokes like the dragons with ice beam. STAB surf is good too because it hits both opponents but i can't use it if i have a fire type out.

Other pokes:

Gyrados, Adamant @ Focus Sash
EQ
Waterfall
Ice Fang
DD

Standard Physical Sweeper. Focus sash to shake off nasty electric attacks. Then DD to hopefully attack first. Still has to many weaknesses so it was switched with dusknoir

Switched from original team with:

Dusknoir, Brave @ Life Orb
Shadow Sneak
Fire Punch
EQ
Pain Split

Good tank with physical attacking capability. Once he is low on HP thanks to life orb Pain Split the enemy.

Cherrim, Modest @ Heatrock
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Toxic
Aromatherapy

Gets boost from sunny day and could force switches with Toxic Good for when my opponent only has two pokes left to poison. Aromatherapy to help out team mates and Solar Beam to attack. Can set up sunny day by it self or it might get the boost from Tangrowth or Magmortar.

Ninetales, Calm @ Wide Lens
Heatwave
Energy Ball
Will-o-Wisp
Nasty Plot

Wide Lens so that Heatwave wont miss and Will-o-Wisp will miss less. Maybe get in a Nasty Plot to get in some good sweeping. With Nasty Plot, STAB, and Sunny Day Maybe Heatwave will destroy the other team?
Will-o-Wisp on obvious switches or high attack pokes.

Possible Switch on Team

Charizard, Adamant @ Salac Berry
Belly Drum
Sub
Fire Fang
Dragon Claw

As the strat below states Sub, Followed by Belly Drum, Followed by Salac berry. If im lucky the oppenent wont kill zard and he will have a chance to destroy there team. Off the top of my head i cant think of a poke that can resist both Fire Fang and Dragon Claw so i can do at least good normal damage to all pokes. I think of him as a late game sweeper. It is just all luck when he is out there

Magmortar, Modest @ Heat Rock
Sunny Day
Tbolt
Solar Beam
Flamethrower

Sp. Sweeper on my team also can set up sunny day. Not too much to say about him. Possible lead on team because of sunny day.

I know my team is short on walls but Tangrowth can take physical hits and Ninetales can take Sp. hits...
Thanks for the critique

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
i would suggest taking out one of your fire pokemon........my starmie could easily destroy your entire team........dragonite is pretty good, but i would suggest that you take out roar, since if you use dragon dance, and then the opponent decides to send out a pokemon that obviously must know ice beam, roar would be useless anyway, since it would get ohko'd........roar is useless, since it goes second........teach it eq, thunderpunch, or aerial ace

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
As the topic says i will only use this team in doubles....i would post the EV's in the pokes but i don't know them at the moment

Leads:
Tangrowth, Naughty @ Heat Rock
SolarBeam
EQ/Sleep Powder
Brick Break/Sleep Powder
Sunny Day

Leads team with sunny day to start off the team, already low sp. defense so i guess naughty can't hurt it that much. Sort of a mixed sweeper with leaf storm. Good defense so can take quiet a few hits

Gorebyss, Calm @ Brightpowder
Agility
Ice Beam
Baton Pass
Surf

Other lead to boost its speed and pass it on to another sweeper on my team. If not it can also take out a few overused pokes like the dragons with ice beam. STAB surf is good too because it hits both opponents but i can't use it if i have a fire type out.

Good.

Other pokes:

Gyrados, Adamant @ Focus Sash
EQ
Waterfall
Ice Fang
DD

Standard Physical Sweeper. Focus sash to shake off nasty electric attacks. Then DD to hopefully attack first.

Good.

Cherrim, Modest @ Leftovers
Leech Seed
Solar Beam/Energy Ball
Toxic/Grasswhistle
Aromatherapy

Gets boost from sunny day and could force switches with Toxic or Leech Seed. Good for when my opponent only has two pokes left to poison and seed them. Aromatherapy to help out team mates and Solar Beam to attack

Ninetales, Calm @ Wide Lens
Heatwave/Flamethrower/Fire blast
Energy Ball
Will-o-Wisp/Hypnosis
Nasty Plot

Wide Lens so that Heatwave wont miss and Will-o-Wisp will miss less. Maybe get in a Nasty Plot to get in some good sweeping. With Nasty Plot, STAB, and Sunny Day Maybe Heatwave will destroy the other team?
Will-o-Wisp on obvious switches or high attack pokes. Make it be Timid.

Magmortar, Modest @ Heat Rock
Sunny Day
Tbolt/Will-o-wisp
Solar Beam
Flamethrower

Sp. Sweeper on my team also can set up sunny day. Not too much to say about him.

I Also want to add this Dragonite....but i have no idea who to take out:
Dragonite, Adamant @ Lum Berry
Roar
DD
Outrage
Fire Punch

Phazes and has Fire Punch to gain power from Sunny Day. Also gets Outrage and DD to sweep. Lum berry to get rid of confusion or any other problems it might have. You could take out Gorebyss or Gyarados.

I know my team is short on walls but Tangrowth can take physical hits and Ninetales can take Sp. hits...
Thanks for the critique
BellyZard begs to be on Sunny Day teams.

Charizard @ Salac Berry
Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Blaze

Belly Drum
Substitute
Fire Punch
Aerial Ace/Earthquake/Rock Slide

Use Substitute, then Belly Drum. You'll be at 25% health. Salac Berry and Blaze will activate.
Salac Berry and 252 EVs in Speed means you can outspeed things. Dude...

STAB Fire Punch + Blaze + Adamant + 252 EVs in Attack + Max Attack from Belly Drum + Sunny Day boost = OUCH.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the idea on the changes....I don't like sleep powder because of its horrible accuracy.
I hate using Grasswhistle because it has even worse accuracy. I got rid of Leech seed because it dissappears on switchout and i might need a Sunny Day poke just incase i use zard. Im keeping heatwave because it does more damage than flamethrower and is more accurate than fireblast. I need will o wisp on on poke and it wont be Magmortar because i don't have the TM lol.

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
i would suggest taking out one of your fire pokemon........my starmie could easily destroy your entire team........dragonite is pretty good, but i would suggest that you take out roar, since if you use dragon dance, and then the opponent decides to send out a pokemon that obviously must know ice beam, roar would be useless anyway, since it would get ohko'd........roar is useless, since it goes second........teach it eq, thunderpunch, or aerial ace
i didn't see my starmie weakness....O_o....i really hope my pokes can take a hit from it....and i have roar because of those annoying ninjasks...i switch to my nite when those come out and right when he baton passes...roar his dreams away....

But Tpunch seems like a good idea...

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
i didn't see my starmie weakness....O_o....i really hope my pokes can take a hit from it....and i have roar because of those annoying ninjasks...i switch to my nite when those come out and right when he baton passes...roar his dreams away....

But Tpunch seems like a good idea...
it has a higher speed that all of those, and it knows ice beam, thunderbolt, and surf........that's why i said it could beat them.........you should find something of a different type, that can also use fire moves and maybe solarbeam........that way your party could be more balanced, at least in terms of pokemon types

here's a suggestion.........breed a buneary that knows fire punch, ice punch, and thunderpunch.......they're all egg moves

then after you evolve it into lopunny, go to the move tutor with a heart scale, and teach it mirror coat

fire punch will get a bonus from sunny day, thunder and ice punch are good for other types, and mirror coat......well, that should be obvious, lol!

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
how about dusknoir with Trick Room (i could probably change this), Painsplit, EQ, and Fire punch.... I could change Trick Room with Ipunch maybe?
and it could replace dos

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
how about dusknoir with Trick Room (i could probably change this), Painsplit, EQ, and Fire punch.... I could change Trick Room with Ipunch maybe?
and it could replace dos
i would suggest teaching it shadow sneak......it strikes first, and gets stab from dusknoir being a ghost

imagine you're fighting an alakazam or gengar......both are super fast, and both are weak against ghost.......so, if you used shadow sneak, you'd hit first, and because their defenses are low, you'd demolish them

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
shadow sneak it is then....
about the item...life orb to hinder its already low HP then pain split
or leftovers to keep him alive?

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
shadow sneak it is then....
about the item...life orb to hind his low HP then pain split
or leftovers to keep him alive?
that's always a dilemma

there's always the chance that due to your slow speed, that when you hit and take recoil, that the next hit will kill you, while you were planning on using pain split

why don't you try using life orb, and if it ends up failing you after a few battles, then switch?

that's the good thing about pokemon.......you can switch items as often as you want

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
ok good deal
i think i have to get Dnite to get Tpunch
still not sure if i want to switch ninetales with zard yet
and all i have to get is my dusknoir shadow sneak...

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
234 on ninetales...
magmortar has 265
Charizard has 299
Cherrim has 269
Dnite has 259...

thats kind of unexpected...

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
but zard dies in one hit with that combo....
i don't think i should use that MS...
any other better one?
Well, I don't know what MS means, but...

It's not like you'll be sending out Charizard when Starmie is out. You send it out against something that fears it, like something that knows it has no good attacks and knows it fears a Super-Effective attack.

Then, when the opponent switches out to something to counter Charizard, use Substitute. Even if the new Pokemon outspeeds and destroys the Substitute, you can use Belly Drum safely, leaving you at 25% health with Salac Berry and Blaze activating, letting you outspeed some Starmies. Remember...

STAB Fire Punch + Blaze + Adamant + 252 EVs in Attack + Max Attack from Belly Drum + Sunny Day boost = OUCH.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yeah, but this is double battling we're talking about here. Charizard can't hit both opponents at once. When his health is low it's only going to take one hit to finsish him off.

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
MS = Move set
and i already have a trick room team for singles so thats why i wanted a gimmick team for doubles....
Maybe i could use that zard in singles though....Any other good pokes to replace my Ninetales...preferably with a MS that involves Will-o-Wisp

How about
Arcanine, Adamant (Intimidate) @ Choice Band
Crunch
Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang
Aerial Ace

or

Arcanine, Adamant (Intimidate) @ Muscle Band
Crunch
Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang
Will-o-Wisp

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Yeah, but this is double battling we're talking about here. Charizard can't hit both opponents at once. When his health is low it's only going to take one hit to finsish him off.
You could make Charizard's moveset be:

Substitute
Belly Drum
Fire Punch
Earthquake

Although Fire Punch only hits one Pokemon, you can use it to take down a foe you fear.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
You could make Charizard's moveset be:

Substitute
Belly Drum
Fire Punch
Earthquake

Although Fire Punch only hits one Pokemon, you can use it to take down a foe you fear.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
hmm...i see your point....ill try using that zard than...

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
hmm...i see your point....ill try using that zard than...
OK, but just make sure that, when you use EQ, that your partner is either immune, resistant and has high Defense, or is about to die anyways.

Even if resisted, Max Attack Earthquake from Charizard hurts. Tangrowth could be good to take the hit. High HP, Defense, and resistance.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
yea but i still have one problem....having low life in a double battle still isnt good....even if both pokes switch....its likely that both my opponents pokes will attack the subed zard.....
im still looking for another alt.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
yea but i still have one problem....having low life in a double battle still isnt good....even if both pokes switch....its likely that both my opponents pokes will attack the subed zard.....
im still looking for another alt.
What kind of alt. would you like?

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Yeah, you could use Arcanine, but I'd use Infernape.

You can use Swords Dance and Nasty Plot to raise your Attack and Special Attack, respectively.

It has Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Thunderpunch, and Stone Edge for Physical. For Special, it has Flamethrower, Grass Knot, and Focus Blast. It also has 104 base Atk and Sp Atk and 108 Speed, so it can outspeed things and dish out attacks as well.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
Ok...i got an EVed infernape with 252 attack 252 speed
its MS is
Flare Blitz 15/15
U-turn 20/20
Thunder Punch 15/15
Close Combat 7/7
probably use choice band or choice scarf

Wii4Mii 99