• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT Gen. 4 - Let It Last Forever

How garbage is my team?

• Garbage? This is a really good and unique team!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well it has its problems, but you addressed that and you know it. Just be cautious.

• Definitely needs some work, but it has potential.

• Dude this team sucks. Junk this whole thing.

• Good effort, but make a new team. I don't think this one is quite good enough.

• Total voters

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
This is a team I've been working on for a while. I will tell you what tier the Pokemon is in their description. This team is heavily dependent upon Trick Room, and as you will see half of the Pokemon in here will have that move. Starting off...

============================================
Slowking @Life Orb
Ability: Own Tempo
Tier: UU
252 HP, 4 Atk, 154 SpA, 100 SpD
Lonely Nature
SPECIAL TANK

Psychic
Surf
Nasty Plot
Trick Room

Slowking was the first choice for my team. He's got a very strong special attack stat and I could make use of his HP stat as well. I wanted a Pokemon that wasn't used all the time, if at all, so I would stand out some more. It is obvious that while the Pokemon I chose here isn't the best choice, it was a choice that satisfied my tastes.

Slowking is going to be used for Trick Room mainly. Once he gets Trick Room out on the field is when he can start to dish out damage with Nasty Plot and Psychic. If I have to face Dark types I do have Surf to use, and if Trick Room is out (assuming that Dark types are faster than Slowking, as few are slower) then Dark types shouldn't be an issue.

Metagross @Iron Plate
Ability: Clear Body
Tier: OU
58 HP, 252 Atk, 200 Def
Serious Nature
PHYSICAL LEAD

Magnet Rise
Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Earthquake

Metagross is my primary lead. Normally he should be paired with a Pokemon that knows Trick Room, but he will usually come into the battle with a hard Bullet Punch. Coupled with his strong Attack stat and Iron Plate, that should do serious damage. Afterwards he can sit back with Magnet Rise and deal out Meteor Mash, which has the chance of raising his already high Attack. Let's also not forget the STABs.

I have also thought about giving him an Occa Berry, but I realized that with Slowking's Surf out on the field, it shouldn't be something I should fret over. If I spend too much time thinking it over, I may end up changing Metagross altogether, which could make my team crack apart. Not something I wanted.

Bronzong @Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tier: OU
28 Atk, 241 Def, 241 SpD
Naive Nature
ALL-WALL

Trick Room
Gyro Ball
Toxic
Earthquake

All-wall is a fancy term for "this Pokemon is not going down without a fight, no matter what you hit it with". Bronzong is meant for taking hits and surviving for many, many turns. I boosted his Defense and SpDefense as much as I thought was acceptable, but did not neglect his Attack. I did not touch his Speed because, as I said before, this team is reliant on Trick Room.

Levitate keeps Bronzong out of the way of Earthquakes from enemy or friendly Pokemon (like Metagross). Gyro Ball is a no-brainer with his low Speed and with Trick Room. For Pokemon which are resistant to Steel types, I have Earthquake. Toxic is more of a torture move, kind of like "let's just let this battle stretch on and on" move. And with his strong defenses, Bronzong can do that with ease.

Registeel @Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
6 Atk, 252 Def, 252 SpD
Bold Nature
ALL-WALL

Iron Head
Toxic
Shadow Claw
Thunder Wave

Another all-wall Pokemon. It should be noted that yes, I know of Registeel's atrocious Attack stat. I did not train Registeel for sweeping, I trained him for endurance. His Defense is Max+ with his Bold nature ("Capable of taking hits" it reads), and his SpD is not far behind. Clear Body prevents his defenses from being lowered, a big plus with this playstyle. To heck with Speed, because this team is all about patience and wearing down your opponents mentally and physically. Think classic Mew2King playstyle (note: I did not base this team off of him).

Iron Head is a move every Registeel should know. Helps to take out Rhyperior in a pinch, despite his god-awful Attack stat. Toxic aims at breaking down the opponent (unless it is a Steel type). Thunder Wave aims at frustrating the opponent. If they've made it this far into the battle without giving up, they honestly wouldn't want to stay there for long after Registeel hits the field.

Spiritomb @Spooky Plate
Ability: Pressure
230 HP, 252 SpA, 28 SpD
Lonely Nature
SPECIAL LEAD

Shadow Sneak
Psychic
Dark Pulse
Will-O-Wisp

I can't rely on Metagross forever. I honestly can't. I have to have another Lead in order to ensure that my options are open. Luckily Spiritomb was there to save the day. It's a plus that he has no type disadvantages, so no super effective moves are going to hit him. Although being a bit of an annoyance to take out due to type advantage, Spiritomb's low HP can be a hinderance here (it's actually pretty bad, hence why I upped it a little). I expect him to be taking a few hard hits. After all, he's not supposed to be a wall. He's a Lead.

Shadow Sneak was a no-brainer. First-hit moves are so good, and Quick Attack/Extremespeed will not be able to do damage to Spiritomb. Trick Room doesn't affect move priority so Shadow Sneak will still go first with or without Trick Room. Psychic, Dark Pulse, both self explanatory. But Will-O-Wisp? This was an interesting choice. I wanted something that could cripple an opponent if needed, and burns can do that. I didn't want another attacking move because I feel that I have everything I need with the other three. Rest was not an option. Two turns of vulnerability, seeing as he lacks a Chesto Berry, is a huge hole I could not afford. Adding a different move to get Rest in his moveset defeated the original purpose of Spiritomb. Hence, Will-O-Wisp.

Claydol @Earth Plate
Ability: Levitate
200 HP, 252 Atk, 58 SpD
Lax Nature
LEAD/TANK

Trick Room
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Light Screen

Claydol was actually a bit of a challenge for me, particularly when deciding upon the fourth move. So was his position in the grand scheme of battles and strategies. I wanted a Pokemon that would be able to use Trick Room so I could have three in order to use. Though he could use a bit of a boost in some direction in my opinion, I think Claydol isn't too bad of a choice in theory. Thanks to Earth Plate + Earthquake + STAB, Earthquake's Power goes from 100 to 120 to a whopping 180. (Earth Plate adding a 20% boost to Ground moves and the STAB adding half of that to the power when it is used)

Let's talk about Light Screen. Originally it was going to be Calm Mind, but I don't have any SpAttack moves to use. Claydol's SpDefense isn't that bad with a base of 120, though I really didn't push it up much more than that. Then came Light Screen to not only protect Claydol, but to protect my team too. I don't think he can learn Amnesia and I don't have any TMs which will teach him it. The rest is self-explanatory.

This concludes my team. When you finish reading this whole thread, please complete the poll at the top and please be honest. Thank you in advance.

Weaknesses

Fire is an issue here. Metagross, Bronzong, and Registeel are all weak to Fire moves. A problem I see in particular is Infernape. I did have a check for this, however, in the form of Slowking. Psychic for Fire-Fighting types and Surf for Fire and Fire-Fighting types, so I have one other option if I'm hit with Disable. Assuming Trick Room is out on the field, I could also hit the Fire types with Metagross' Earthquake or Claydol's Earthquake.

The problem is obvious. I'm relying heavily on Slowking, hence why I made such a big deal about Slowking being my first Pokemon choice. I wanted to have a Pokemon that could last long, but he cannot last forever. There lies the liability, but then again, I do have other tricks up my sleeve.

Team Idea

The team I use (this being a 4-Pokemon battle example) will usually follow this order:

1. Lead
2. Trick Room user
3. All-Wall
4. Trick Room user

I need a Lead Pokemon and I need Trick Room. So long as Trick Room is out on the field it's nearly impossible for me to be put into a dangerous situation, unless you can manage to OHKO both of my Trick Room Pokemon. At that point I might as well give up the battle.

OHKOing my All-Walls, however. Good luck with that. You'd have to have a monster of a Pokemon to manage that. Just saying.

I did not pay attention to natures at all. If I got lucky (as in the case with Registeel), good for me. It wasn't that high of a priority for me to focus on getting a certain nature for my team.

This team is reliant upon the move Trick Room. This team depends on my patience and wearing down my opponent. This team does not aim to wreck the opponents by sheer physical or special force, but aims to wreck the opponent through sheer endurance and tenacity. My own mental endurance is just fine, I can weather battles for as long as I need to. So long as I'm patient and so long as I can pull off my strategies appropriately, this team and I should be a nightmare for my opponents.

Let it last forever.

Top Bottom