• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT B/W RU tier

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
I'm not a fan of OU and UU because I feel like the pokemon get extremely repetitive and there's only a select few to choose from. I really love NU and RU because weird original threats and sets are common, and it as the name suggests, it gives some cast away pokemon the chance to shine. Anyway, I thought i'd post what I think to be an alright RU based team, but I guess that's for you guys to decide.

Sonic (Sandslash) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Hardy Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

My lead/physical wall/spinner/SR-er. Gets up my hazards and gets rid of theirs, attempts to Earthquake things when possible, and Toxic to wear down walls.

MadPika (Electivire) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 144 Atk / 140 SAtk / 224 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Wild Charge
- Flamethrower

This is my favorite guy on the team, hands down. The coverage provided is just insane, and the only things he doesn't hit for SE damage are Poison/Ghost/Psychic/Electric. I prefer not to use Life Orb because he gets worn down that much faster, especially since he's commonly poisoned, sandstormed, and the recoil from Wild Charge. No matter what, i'd prefer to keep him in the team. I'm not sure if Earthquake or HP Grass would be better in one of the slots, but for now he seems to be working, and he's not taken down easily outside of being revenge killed.

Calmdownbro (Uxie) @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Yawn
- U-turn

Probably the weakest member of my team, I wanted something that could eat the EQs aimed at Electivire and the Fighting type attacks aimed at Munchlax. He generally just sets up dual screens and bails out to Feraligatr, who then aims to sweep after a safe SD. Yawn might be better as T-wave, and U-turn might be better as an alternate attacking move. I'm wide open to suggestions for his slot.

Laxbro (Munchlax) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 136 HP / 124 Def / 248 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam
- Whirlwind

Standard Munchlax set, and anyone who has seen what it can do knows how well he sponges even the strongest Special hits. Body Slam and Whirlwind rack up residual damage and Paralysis, and Rest-talk keeps him alive and kicking.

Steve (Feraligatr) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Return

My physical setup sweeper, I completely underestimated him when putting him in my team.
If I can get a safe switch into something that doesn't hurt him, then he sets up a Swords Dance and goes to town. I don't think I've had a match yet where he hasn't killed at least something. Water+Normal provides fine neutral coverage, but I'm not sure if Crunch is better in terms of coverage instead of Return.

KFC (Moltres) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Overheat
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- U-turn

I wanted another way to soak up Earthquakes and sponge fighting type STABs towards Munchlax, so I ended up with this guy. Scarf catches some by surprise, and U-turn keeps momentum going in my favor. I went with Overheat over Fire Blast due to the rate at which he bails after attacking, and better accuracy.

So far it's been testing pretty well. I haven't gotten many RU specific matches in since the format isn't very common, but it seems to hold its own alright even in the UU tier when I get challenged, seeing as I don't have a UU team set up right now. Are there any obvious holes that I've missed, threats that need countering, or any other suggestions for a support role to replace the pixie? Thanks in advance!

IceArrow

Smash Lord
This team is really good. I copied and used it for a while.

I tried using Hitmonlee instead of Feraligatr and in my opinion Hitmonlee is better.

Hitmonlee @ Normal Gem
Trait: Unburden, Adamant
EVs: Atk 252 / 252 Spe / 4 SDef
- Earthquake
- Hi Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Stone Edge

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You might want some more Atk EVs, though. Also, Blaze Kick > Earthquake imo

Top Bottom