• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT : Annoying Sand Team

JTsm

Smash Master
Yoooooooo So this is a standardish sand team with a few modifications from a friend and from myself. I basically try to set up and then stall. Once everything is crippled from the other team, Terrakion can just sweep.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Ice Fang

- Sand Inducer : Set up sand, and usually starts out. Whirlwind is to phaze unwanted things and can be useful with hazards up. Slack Off is for longevity and to stall at times. Earthquake for stab and Ice fang for dragons. Not the best attacker, but it can wall most of the time. Since Hippowdon is slow, leading with against other weather inducers is pretty ideal. Sun teams can be tricky at the 1st turn.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Gravity
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

- Momentum shift - Scouter for the most part. Can take hits well and can sweep surprisingly. I wish Landorus-T was faster, but oh wells. Gravity is to **** levitators. EQ for stab. U-turn is for scouting and shifting into different walls/Terrakion. Stone Edge helps, but I don't find it too useful most of the time. Sometimes I have this dude be the lead for Kyrum B or any physical lead that wants to set up. Once the intimidate is up, I switch immediately to the next thing that can handle the threat.

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Wall: The best wall for Rain and Sand teams. Storm Drain is so OP. Earth Power is there for when I get my SpA raises. Scald for obv standard stuff. Toxic and recover is there to stall *******. Again, kind of standard. Not much to say. Synergizes well with Skarmory and Forretress.

Forretress (F) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Explosion
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Spinner/Electrode : This guy is really great. With this set, I can some options that people just don't expect. When in low health, I can just explode into any threats that seem annoying (other spinners!) with Custap Berry. Once spinners are gone (with hazards still up), Forrestress does it's job. I think having Gyro Ball might be a great idea, but then again Forrtress doesn't last long.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Physical Wall : Works well against the nasty Breloom once I sleep foddered someone. Super Standard set.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Sacred Sword

Sweeper : Originally, this guy had a choice band, but he wasn't fast enough. So I stuck and scarf on it, and now he's not strong enough. lmao. He can work well with hazards up, but he's still weak imo. Deff not enough coverage. Probably the only way to deal Ferro.

Threats:
Magnezone: ***** my steels. So annoying.
Ferrothorn: Walls most of the time. Terrakion is the only sure way to kill it off right away.
Gliscor: Once Gastrodon is gone, I'm helpless. lol

Thanks for reading! c; Constructive Criticism pls. C;

Top Bottom