• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[RMT] An OU sandstorm DS team

SOVAman

Smash Hero
My current DS team

Lead

Hippowdon @leftovers
Ability: Sand stream
Impish nature
252 Hp/ 168 def/ 88 SpD
Earthquake
Stealth Rocks
Slack off
Roar

His main purpose is to get the sand storm going and set up stealth rocks but he also has a phazer and is a great defensive wall. He counters a lot of physical sweepers and if I encounter anything that poses a threat I can roar them away. He also is great for stalling with roar and slack off. All around I have found this as a great lead for my sandstorm team

Choice Scarf/revenge killer

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Calm nature
252 SpA/ 252 spe/ 4 Hp
Flamethrower
Earth Power
Explosion
Dragon Pulse

He is a great revenge killer he can take out a lot of threats to my team including lucario salamence, kindra and celebi. Explosion is great to finish off bulky opponents. Dragon Pulse is to hit kingdras and other dragons like salamece and dragonite. He works great to revenge kill and works nicely with my team

Late Game Special Sweeper

Empoleon @ Expert belt
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Surf
Ice beam
Grass Knot
Agility

Imo one of the best late game sweepers. His purpose is to get one agility and then start sweeping late game with his great move pool and type coverage. He hits a lot of pokemon super effective so i decided to go with expert belt over life orb. Grass knot deals with my bulky water well and a STAB surf is always nice. Ice beam is for coverage. With one agility he can out speed a Choice scarf heatran so once I get this thing going its hard to stop.

Physical Choice Bander

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Adament Nature
176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Pursuit
Aqua Tail

Great for starting up sand storm again if my opponent started a rain dance. He is also just a very good physical sweeper. He works great with sandstorm and has great type coverage so it can hit almost anything for at least neutral damage.

Wall/ Specail Attacker

Porygon2 @ leftovers
Ability: Trace
Quiet Nature
252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpA
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover
Thunder Wave

Basic Porygon2 set, it is mainly here to cover Gyaragos and Salamence and other bulky attackers. His great defense can take a hit from outrage and then hit them right back with a very strong SpA and sometimes a OHKO. Trace also helps because he can now switch in to electvires thunderbolt and get a speed boost or he can switch into a starmie and obtain natural cure. There are many ways to use this little guy.

Physical Sweeper

Lucario @ Life orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Adament Nature
252 Atk /252 Spe/ 4 def
Close Combat
Ice Punch
Sword Dance
Extreme speed

As Empoleon is my late game sweeper he is my early or mid game sweeper. I was also lacking a pokemon with fighting type moves so Lucario fits perfectly. He covers my Dark problem (weavile) and has a priority move. Ice punch is for coverage and Close combat is my STAB fighting move.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Your entire team hates Fighting attacks. A lot. Heatran, Empoleon, Porygon2, and Lucario are all weak, while Tyranitar is x4 weak.

Hippowdon @leftovers
Ability: Sand stream
Impish nature
252 Hp/ 168 def/ 88 SpD
Earthquake
Stealth Rocks
Slack off
Roar

His main purpose is to get the sand storm going and set up stealth rocks but he also has a phazer and is a great defensive wall. He counters a lot of physical sweepers and if I encounter anything that poses a threat I can roar them away. He also is great for stalling with roar and slack off. All around I have found this as a great lead for my sandstorm team

Arguably the best SS team lead. Good.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Calm nature
252 SpA/ 252 spe/ 4 Hp
Flamethrower
Earth Power
Explosion
Dragon Pulse

He is a great revenge killer he can take out a lot of threats to my team including lucario salamence, kindra and celebi. Explosion is great to finish off bulky opponents. Dragon Pulse is to hit kingdras and other dragons like salamece and dragonite. He works great to revenge kill and works nicely with my team

Good good good

Late Game Special Sweeper
Empoleon @ Expert belt
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Surf
Ice beam
Grass Knot
Agility

Imo one of the best late game sweepers. His purpose is to get one agility and then start sweeping late game with his great move pool and type coverage. He hits a lot of pokemon super effective so i decided to go with expert belt over life orb. Grass knot deals with my bulky water well and a STAB surf is always nice. Ice beam is for coverage. With one agility he can out speed a Choice scarf heatran so once I get this thing going its hard to stop.

Consider Chople Berry, you could Agility while your opponent uses Brick Break or something, outspeed, and hopefully OHKO.

Physical Choice Bander
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Adament Nature
176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Pursuit
Aqua Tail

Great for starting up sand storm again if my opponent started a rain dance. He is also just a very good physical sweeper. He works great with sandstorm and has great type coverage so it can hit almost anything for at least neutral damage.

Lack of Crunch could be problematic... but Aqua Tail is good for coverage.

Wall/ Specail Attacker
Porygon2 @ leftovers
Ability: Trace
Quiet Nature
252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpA
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover
Thunder Wave

Basic Porygon2 set, it is mainly here to cover Gyaragos and Salamence and other bulky attackers. His great defense can take a hit from outrage and then hit them right back with a very strong SpA and sometimes a OHKO. Trace also helps because he can now switch in to electvires thunderbolt and get a speed boost or he can switch into a starmie and obtain natural cure. There are many ways to use this little guy.

Is Porygon2 really necessary? Gyarados doesn't like Stone Edge. Salamence can't do much to Heatran. Electivire is scared of half your team. He also adds another Fighting weakness to your team. Consider a bulky Rotom-A or Latias.

Physical Sweeper
Lucario @ Life orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Adament Nature
252 Atk /252 Spe/ 4 def
Close Combat
Ice Punch
Sword Dance
Extreme speed

As Empoleon is my late game sweeper he is my early or mid game sweeper. I was also lacking a pokemon with fighting type moves so Lucario fits perfectly. He covers my Dark problem (weavile) and has a priority move. Ice punch is for coverage and Close combat is my STAB fighting move.

Generic Lucario set, it does what's supposed to do, and does it well. Good.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Actually after noticing my huge fighting weakness I am thinking about switching my lucario with a SD Gliscor and my TTar with a CB Scizor. That reduces my fighting weakness to three now for my porygon2. I am not sure I might switch it with a rotom but I am still thinking of a better option.

Top Bottom