• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rising UAir

E_Ress

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to get better with my Pikachu, so I've been looking at N64's Video Compendium. I noticed alot of rising uairs out of shields, and they seemed to work pretty well if Pikachu was facing away from the opponent (otherwise, I assume, most people would do a usmash out of their shield). So I went to practice it, but I had a problem.

I normally jump with X, but the only way I could make a rising uair work was with the analog stick. Is there a way to do it with X, or should I just get used to using the analog stick?

FrostByte

Smash Lord
I use Y to jump out of my shield. Up and A to do the Uair. Either way, you need to press up on the control stick, so you might be better off going with that.

Top Bottom