• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rising Pounds made easier with B-Stick

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
Well, I've found yet another use of the "B-Stick" configuration, where you map your C-Stick to Special Attacks. If you want to learn more about this, check out the Lucas boards sometime and look for Advanced Techniques. Those guys have been busy. :)

Anyways, if you have your C-Stick mapped to specials, it makes Rising and Falling Pounds much easier to pull off, and much less risky if you aren't very good at it. I know I personally end up using B-Up every once in a while, which is almost always fatal.

What is a Rising Pound? If you don't know what that is... its simply using Jigglypuff's "Pound" attack (her Side-B), then quickly holding Up on the Control Stick. She will drift upwards with the Pound, making her already great recovery even better.

So, using the "B-Stick", you can simply hold Up on the control stick while pressing to the side on your B-Stick, and viola! A Rising Pound. You can also use the same tactic to easily perform Falling Pounds, if you feel like throwing a few in for Mind Games or whatever.

You can also use a Wavebounce with the Pound to make a sort of Half-Pound. Don't see this as really useful, but might have its uses sometimes.

What is a Wavebounce? Well, heres a video about both it and "B-Sticking" if you're interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Wix_KsK5g

Just thought I'd point this out. I know a lot of people won't want to give up their C-Smashes, but since I never used them in the first place, I'm learning all kinds of uses for the B-Stick. :laugh:

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
this is a bad idea because if you switch the c stick then you lose your aerial mobility will doing aerial attacks

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
I'm just pointing out yet another use for the B-Stick, for those who want to use it. I never used the C-Stick in Melee anyway, so it's an easy transition for me. I understand not everyone will want to use it, and it certainly wouldn't be worth it for this alone. But if you are going to B-Stick, this is another nice use of it, if you play Jiggs. :)

House M.D.

Smash Apprentice
it takes maybe 5-10 matches with jigglypuff where you try to to rising/falling pound to get the hang of it. it's technically easy enough that if you're too lazy to practice it (mid match! not in training mode) then you're too lazy to be good at brawl.

Top Bottom