• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rise of Nations, anyone?

Cupcakes

Smash Journeyman
I only wish I still had this game. Rise of Nations(and it's recent sequel, Rise of Legends) is a strategy war game. You start off with a small city, with a library, a farm, and a few civilians.(These things differ depending on the nation you choose to control.)

There are a ton of different weapons, as well. Each set of Barracks you build, comes a new set of militia. You can build warriors on horseback, or just men on foot with spears, and such.(Again, these differ depending on which nation you are)
Out of 10, I would give it a 8.5

Who else LOVED this game?

Mr. North

Smash Rookie
THis game is tight. I always liked it better than AoE for some reasons. One reason is all of the periods you go through. Start from cavemen, go to Nuclear Missles.

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
I also loved this game; as a matter of fact, I just finished playing a round of it about 30 minutes ago.

I too, like it better than AoE; it was crisper, and had more of an in-depth feeling to it; plus, you didn't have to incessantly worry about your citizens running out of work to do....plus, what other RTS game lets you wipe out wonders of the world, or poor little guys with bows and arrows with a nuclear blast?

Either way, it's a great RTS game...it's just a shame they didn't come out with a Rise of Nations 2, with better graphics, more nations, new resources, etc....bummer.

Top Bottom