• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution or Gecko for P:M?

Kati

Smash Lord
I've been a gecko os user since Brawl+ 5. I've always understood (perhaps incorrectly) that Riivolution could add custom sound effects, but that it was more difficult to add specific codes. With Project M not being open source though, is there any disadvantage to using riivolution for it?

Thank you.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Not much difference. Either will play the game correctly. Riivo does have support for custom SFX as you said.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
No, Riivoluton does everything Gecko does and more. You can have multiple mods at a time with Riivoluton.

Kati

Smash Lord
ahh this is greatly appreciated. May I ask how you've organized your sd card in order to have multiple mods?

I have riivolution and brawlmods at my root, but I wasn't able to get character textures or songs. Likewise, I downloaded brawl-, so do I need multiple fighter folders? or can one have riivolution accessing songs and textures from the same folder for all mods? I thought I read it could, but I don't see how it would differentiate between the fighter.pac files.

Again many thanks.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=144811

Here's the guide I used to figure out Riivolution. The folder orderings are a little different than Gecko, but the only real difference you leave all the stuff that came with the original mod in there respective folders alone and put all the custom textures/models/music/stages in the brawl mods folder (except for the common5, team color costumes, and stages edited by the mod).

Top Bottom