• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rigging issues

mcgungus1985

Smash Rookie
For all intensive purposes, I'm using 3DS Studio Max 2011 since 2010 gives me hell and I'm not as familiar with it.

What it is I'm trying to rig: Terra (Esper mode) over Peach as per a request on the Kitty Corp/Meow Mix forums

Okay, so right now, I'm learning about rigging polygons over Brawl characters' bones and importing them into the game. While I'm definitely not an expert, I have a pretty good idea on how the mechanics of rigging work. If I'm to understand it correctly, you need to change the influence on bones so they don't effect neighboring one, which is good if you need a joint to bend without it distorting nearby vertices and other bones. Then there's the Blend button which can be used to smooth out rough spots and make it look a lot better.

No matter what I do, no matter where and how I do the rigging, it always gets jacked up in BrawlBox and in the game itself. Parts of the legs protrude, the hair is a real PITA to rig, as all animations cause random parts of the hair to stick out and move strangely.

Granted, I'm more that willing to learn how to rectify this and learn the proper techniques for rigging. It's just I be more patient with myself and realize two things; one, I've only been doing this for three days and two, I can't expect perfect results in that short period of time.

Original .max file* http://www.filefactory.com/file/264wq5xzteyl/n/Terra_Esper_Form.max

My modified .max file - http://www.filefactory.com/file/5v34pvii35mv/n/Esper_over_Peach_New_WIP_-_RArm3.max

(*the original texture hacker gave me permission and even asked me to rig Esper Terra over Peach) But Esper Terra's hair, UGH, it's infuriating!

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom