• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Ridley Who? A Smash 3DS Charizard Guide

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Is the title to this guide really necessary?

And as for recommendations to the guide, I would like to point out the differences between Brawl's Charizard, Project M's Charizard, and this game's Charizard, because there will be players coming in who are familiar with the former incarnations, but unaware of the changed game mechanics and what this character is like in relation to those two.

Like for example, this game's Charizard has a Seismic Toss grab much like the one in Project M. However, this grab behaves much more like Kirby's traditional up grab, with landing damage at 6% with an additional recoil at 2%. It is much weaker than the one in Project M, which has a resulting damage at 15%. Something like this would be helpful to someone who mains Solozard in Project M, and would expect 4zard to be similar to what he or she played there.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
*sees name of title*

Welps, nice knowing you. Good luck surviving the Ridley marks

Only thing that I dislike about Charizard in this game is his side B move. Reminds of playing Pichu in Melee

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I love his Side-B. Sacrifice a little % and you're either flying across the screen for a nice easy air recovery or you hit a guy hard.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I'll be scoping this out.

If the community wants, I can make a guide or help with one. I'm always here.

Last edited:

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
*sees name of title*

Welps, nice knowing you. Good luck surviving the Ridley marks

Only thing that I dislike about Charizard in this game is his side B move. Reminds of playing Pichu in Melee
I'm going to guess you're a Wrestling fan, I don't ever hear anyone else use the term mark lol.

OT: Nice guide, looking forward to see where it goes.

WaffleCone

Smash Rookie
I'll be scoping this out.

If the community wants, I can make a guide or help with one. I'm always here.
PLEEEEEEASE. You seem to be the most knowledgeable zard player on smashboards. Also, Ive been curious to hear your thoughts on Dragon Rush vs Flare Blitz

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

I was going to wait until I have all the customs unlocked (I have the ones that are worth discussing) to talk about Flare Blitz vs Dragon Rush. I should have everything by tomorrow so stay tuned. If I don't, I'll post about FB vs DR anyway.

As far as the guide, I don't have an issue letting the poster here do his thing. But if the community deems me more suitable, I'll gladly whip one up. So in other words its up to you folks.

*goes back to playing around with Charizard stuff*

Last edited:

tarmon2121

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tarmon2121
3DS FC
5000-2165-4045
I was going to wait until I have all the customs unlocked (I have the ones that are worth discussing) to talk about Flare Blitz vs Dragon Rush. I should have everything by tomorrow so stay tuned. If I don't, I'll post about FB vs DR anyway.

As far as the guide, I don't have an issue letting the poster here do his thing. But if the community deems me more suitable, I'll gladly whip one up. So in other words its up to you folks.

*goes back to playing around with Charizard stuff*
If you need any help with the guide let me know this game is my break into competitive and Charizard is a huge part of my success
I've realized that maintaining this and my Villager guide is too time consuming, so If either of you want to make a guide then by all means go ahead because I'm going to focus on Villager for a while.

ZTD | TECHnology

I have to make this thing all professional looking with the format but I pretty much know how I'm gonna approach this. Stay tuned.

:4charizard:

Shog

Smash Ace
So I am confused, is this a Ridley hater thread, an unfinished guide someone else is going to finish, a finished guide, or all three at once?

LightningLoops

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrayUSA
3DS FC
1092-0083-1620
No, No, and Yes. The guide is incomplete, and Tech_Chase is considering writing his own. The guide's title is a light poke at Charizard's purple alt resembling Ridley.

Top Bottom